Links to our partner organizations and resources for public school parents
School District of Philadelphia's FY2012 budget website.
- Philadelphia Public School Notebook: An independent citywide newspaper providing up-to-date and analytical coverage of the Philadelphia public schools
- Good Schools Pennsylvania: A statewide advocacy organization with Philadelphia roots working for improved funding and support for PA schools
- Pennsylvania School Funding Campaign: A coalition of statewide advocacy organization supporting a fair and equitable funding formula for schools
- Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center: Provides a full analysis of state budget issues, with a specific link to education spending statewide
- Association of Philadelphia School Librarians: The official site representing the District's librarians has some great research on the decline in school librarians and research on the links between school libraries and improved literacy.
- Committee of Seventy: A non-partisan government watchdog advocating for ethics and transparency in governance. Has recently engaged around major School District issues.
- Education Law Center: This 35-year old organization has successfully fought for the rights of Philadelphia students and families and specializes in school funding and services for special needs students and English language learners.
- Education Voters PA: A 501(c)(4) lobbying group representing the political and electoral interests of public education supporters
- Father's Day Rally Committee: A grassroots organization and partner of Parents United promoting African American men to take action on behalf of their communities in order to effect positive change.
- Germantown Clergy Initiative: A faith organization and partner of Parents United promoting Christian support and partnership with the students, families and school community of Germantown High School.
- JUNTOS: A South Philadelphia based organization representing the interests of Philadelphia's Mexican and other Latino populations. JUNTOS has an active parent group working to improve services and supports for English Language Learners
- Parents Across America: A national parent advocacy organization linking parent organizers across the country to fight for progressive change in the national education agenda. This site is full of parent advocacy successes and up to date research on school reform.
- Philadelphia Right to Education Task Force: RTF is a parent-led advocacy partner representing the voices of families of special needs students
- Philadelphia Student Union: A citywide student organizing group and a founder of the Campaign for Non-Violent Schools
- Public Citizens for Children and Youth: A regional organization dedicated to serving the needs of Pennsylvania children and youth
- Youth United for Change: A citywide student organizing group focused on small schools and effecting change at local high schools
Research and analysis