WHO ARE WE
- We are a small group of moms, grandmas, young adults and teens who share a love for reading and want to share that love with other teens, young adults and parents. Meet our main reviewers here.
WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE
- Because of our love for books, we are often asked, "Is this book appropriate for my child?" While we love giving book recommendations, we don't know each child, or each family's value system, so it is difficult for us to answer that question. However, we do believe that information is key. We decided to give you the information, and let you decide for yourself whether or not these books are what you're looking for.
- We do NOT agree with censorship, nor do we promote censorship on this site. Everyone has different opinions about which books they want their child (or themselves) to read, and they have the right to make that decision. This website is a tool to help people make informed choices for their families.
- Another benefit of this site is that it provides parents the opportunity to discuss what their teens are reading with them. For instance, if your teen's school is reading a book about rape, you will hopefully be able to look on this site to find out what the book is about, and find the information you need to discuss the book and it's benefits.
DO WE GET PAID
- No, we do not. We do this because we love discussing books, and because we saw a need for this information.
WILL WE READ A BOOK FOR YOU
- At this time we are not taking requests. We hope this can change in the future.
HOW DO WE RATE BOOKS
- We have two different ways we rate books. First by content, then our opinion of the story. You can find out more about ratings on the OUR RATING SCALE PAGE.
WHAT IF WE MADE A MISTAKE
- There are inevitably going to be times that we make mistakes. We try to be as accurate as possible, however we may miss things from time to time. Also, there are times when we read an ADVANCED READER COPY of a book, and sometimes things change from that copy to the finished copy. These are normally minor editing details, but not always. If you spot a mistake that we've made, please feel free to contact us (parentalbookreviews[at]gmail[dot]com) and let us know!