Official FAA Cockpit Recordings
of Pilot UFO Sightings

Commercial Pilot's During UFO Contact in Mid-Air

Official FAA Cockpit Recordings of Pilot UFO Sightings
Commercial Pilot's During UFO Contact in Mid-Air

Official FAA air trafic control recordings of commercial pilot's during UFO contact in mid air. This is for real proving what anyone looking have found already, that UFOs are very real. A must see.

Japan Air Lines Flight 1628 Incident

On November 16th or 17th, 1986, a Japanese crew of a JAL cargo jumbo freighter aircraft witnessed three unidentified objects while flying over Alaska, USA.

The Boeing 747 cargo plane was on a routine flight from Paris to Tokyo cruising at 966 km/h (600MPH) at an altitude of 10 600 m (35,000ft).

The plane was heading towards Anchorage, Alaska to re-fuel when at 17:11 Captain Kenji Terauchi reported seeing three large objects 610 m (2000ft) below, describing the largest as resembling a shelled walnut.

Captain Terauchi further described the largest craft as twice the size of an aircraft carrier, after several minutes observing the objects the crew noticed the objects matched the same speed as freighter aircraft.

The two smaller objects veered 305 m (1000ft) in front of the craft so much so that the captain said he could feel the warmth of their glows.

Military radar picked up the two objects trailing the JAL flight and the FAA requested military intervention, the military did not take any action however the objects stopped trailing JAL 1628 and the airline arrived safely in Anchorage at 18:20.

Captain Terauchi cited in the official FAA report that the object was a UFO. However, for reasons unknown, the FAA did not pursue the case in depth.

The US Air Force's KC135 jet flying from Anchorage to Fairbanks saw the same object in January 1986 flying from Anchorage to Fairbanks, saying that the object was 12 m  (40ft) from his aircraft.

The object then disappeared out of sight. Both sightings especially the initial sighting have received special attention from the media, as evidence that UFOs in this case were tracked on both ground and airborne radar, witnessed by experienced airline pilots, and confirmed by a FAA Division Chief.

Captain Terauchi of JAL flight 1628 was equally convinced that he had encountered an extraterrestrial craft in the skies above Alaska.

The Valentich Disappearance

The Valentich disappearance describes an event on October 21st, 1
978 when 20-year-old Frederick Valentich disappeared in unknown circumstances while piloting a Cessna 182L light aircraft over Bass Strait to King Island, Australia.

During a 127 mile (235 km) training flight, Valentich advised Melbourne air traffic control he was being accompanied by an aircraft about 1,000 feet (300 m) above him.

He described unusual actions and features of the aircraft, reported that his engine had begun running roughly, and finally reported before disappearing from radar that "That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again. It is hovering and it's not an aircraft".

No trace of Valentich or his aircraft was ever found, and a Department of Transport investigation concluded that the reason for the disappearance could not be determined.

The report of a UFO sighting in Australia attracted significant press attention, in part due to the number of sightings reported by the public on that night.

Ken Williams, a spokesman for the Department of Transport, told the Associated Press that "it's funny all these people ringing up with UFO reports well after Valentich's disappearance."

Neil Daniels: Airline Pilot, November 2000

Mr. Daniels is a pilot with over 30,000 of flight time spanning 59 years. He entered the Air Force and became a B-17 pilot surviving 29 combat missions. After leaving the Air Force he worked for United Airlines for 35 years.

He tells about the time in March of 1977 when he was flying a commercial flight from San Francisco to Boston. The plane was on autopilot when by itself it began to bank left. He looked out the window and noticed a brilliant bright light. The first and second officers both saw it also. They were perplexed because all three compasses reported different readings.

Captain Phil Schultz UFO Incident

One case sited in this report is that of Captain Phil Schultz. On a clear day in 1981, Captain Schultz was piloting TWA flight 842 from San Francisco to John F. Kennedy Airport over Lake Michigan. In his written report presented to Dr. Haines, he described seeing a "large, round, silver metal object" with six jet black "portholes" equally spaced around the circumference, which "descended into the atmosphere from above."

Expecting a mid-air collision, Schultz and his first officer braced themselves for an impact. The object suddenly made a high speed turn near the aircraft and departed.

Schultz did not inform TWA about the incident, but instead filled out a detailed report for Haines. He also invited Haines into the cockpit of his airplane while on the ground, and reconstructed the event there to assure accuracy. Haines made a sketch of the event to Schultz's specifications, drawn to scale.

With extensive jet combat experience in the Korean War and afterward, Captain Schultz had never believed in UFOs. But he stated at the time, "We have nothing that can do what that object did."

Air Shuttle 5959 UFO Incident

On February 28th, 1996. Midwestern United States. Air Shuttle 5959 enroute to Cleveland, and Mesaba 3179 flying from Detroit, Michigan reported a UFO with a bright, pulsating light between cloud layers at 10,000 feet. Incident recorded on Air Traffic Control radio.

UFO Files - Black Box UFO Secrets

Go to the limits of human experience...and beyond. From the fringes of the galaxy to our own backyards, the UFO FILES searches for evidence of life beyond our world.

Tracing the long, convoluted history of UFO encounters and research, this unique series opens new windows into the controversial field.

UFO Files reveals for the first time the cockpit and control tower audio recordings of pilot and astronaut confrontations and sightings of unidentified flying objects high in our skies.

From a detailed account of one of the very the first reported pilot case, the Arnold case in 1947, to recent recordings over New England and Texas, to NASA recordings and video from 2005.

This special features interviews with pilots, witness and experts, including UCLA's Joseph Nagy, actor Ed Asner, and pilot/UFO researcher Don Berliner.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFOs in American History

On February 24th, 2005, ABC's Peter Jennings broadcasted a 2hr Prime-time special on UFOs titled "UFOs: Seeing is Believing."

This segment features the American history of UFOs, starting with the 1947 UFO sighting by Kenneth Arnold, a businessman and pilot, when the term "flying saucer" was first coined.

On June 24, 1947, Arnold was flying from Chehalis, Washington to Yakima, Washington in a Call Air A-2 on a business trip. He made a brief detour after learning of a $5000 reward for the discovery of a U.S. Marine Corps C-46 transport airplane that had crashed near Mt. Rainer.

The skies were completely clear and there was a mild wind. A few minutes before 3:00 p.m. at about 9,200 feet (2,800 m) in altitude and near Mineral, Washington, he gave up his search and started heading eastward towards Yakima. He saw a bright flashing light, similar to sunlight reflecting from a mirror.

Afraid he might be dangerously close to another aircraft, Arnold scanned the skies around him, but all he could see was a DC-4 to his left and behind him, about 15 miles (24 km) away.

About 30 seconds after seeing the first flash of light, Arnold saw a series of bright flashes in the distance off to his left, or north of Mt. Rainier, which was then 20 to 25 miles (40 km) away.

He thought they might be reflections on his airplane's windows, but a few quick tests (rocking his airplane from side to side, removing his eyeglasses, later rolling down his side window) ruled this out.

The reflections came from flying objects. They flew in a long chain, and Arnold for a moment considered they might be a flock of geese, but quickly ruled this out for a number of reasons, including the altitude, bright glint, and obviously very fast speed.

He then thought they might be a new type of jet and started looking intently for a tail and was surprised that he couldn't find any.

They quickly approached Rainier and then passed in front, usually appearing dark in profile against the bright white snowfield covering Rainier, but occasionally still giving off bright light flashes as they flipped around erratically. Sometimes he said he could see them on edge, when they seemed so thin and flat they were practically invisible.

According to Arnold said that one of the objects was rather crescent shaped, while the other eight objects were more circular, but initially Arnold's descriptions were they resembled saucers skipping on water no mention of the actually looking like saucers. At one point Arnold said they flew behind a subpeak of Rainier and briefly disappeared.

Knowing his position and the position of the (unspecified) subpeak, Arnold placed their distance as they flew past Rainier at about 23 miles (37 km). Using a dzus cowling fastener as a gauge to compare the nine objects to the distant DC-4, Arnold estimated their angular size as slightly smaller than the DC-4, about the width between the outer engines (about 60 feet).

Arnold also said he realized that the objects would have to be quite large to see any details at that distance and later, after comparing notes with a United Airlines crew that had a similar sighting 10 days later, placed the absolute size as larger than a DC-4 airliner (or greater than 100 feet (30 m) in length).

Army Air Force analysts would later estimate 140 to 280 feet (85 m), based on analysis of human visual acuity and other sighting details (such as estimated distance).

Arnold said the objects were grouped together, as Ted Bloecher writes, "in a diagonally stepped-down, echelon formation, stretched out over a distance that he later calculated to be five miles".

Though moving on a more or less level horizontal plane, Arnold said the objects weaved from side to side ("like the tail of a Chinese kite" as he later stated), darting through the valleys and around the smaller mountain peaks.

They would occasionally flip or bank on their edges in unison as they turned or maneuvered causing almost blindingly bright or mirror-like flashes of light.

The encounter gave him an "eerie feeling", but Arnold suspected he had seen test flights of a new U.S. military aircraft. As the objects passed Mt Rainer, Arnold turned his plane southward on a more or less parallel course. It was at this point that he opened his side window and began observing the objects unobstructed by any glass that might have produced reflections.

The objects did not disappear and continued to move very rapidly southward, continuously moving forward of his position. Curious about their speed, he began to time their rate of passage: he said they moved from Mt. Rainer to Mount Adams where they faded from view, a distance of about 50 miles (80 km), in one minute and forty-two seconds, according to the clock on his instrument panel.

When he later had time to do the calculation, the speed was over 1,700 miles per hour (2,700 km/h). This was about three times faster than any manned aircraft in 1947. Not knowing exactly the distance where the objects faded from view, Arnold conservatively and arbitrarily rounded this down to 1,200 miles (1,900 km) an hour, still faster than any known aircraft, which had yet to break the sound barrier.

It was this supersonic speed in addition to the unusual saucer or disk description that seemed to capture people's attention.