Week 2- Discussion 2
1) Do you think and believe the law should allow these kinds of creative expressions because so much can come of it. Why?
* I do think and believe the law should allow these kinds of creative expressions because so much can come of it. There is a world of talent out there and this is a good way to find it.
2) How can creative culture of user-generated content be revived? Why is it important? Or not?
* Creative Commons offers a place for all artists to go and share their work with others. Other users from all over the world can link in and broaden their creativity with other creative works. This is a big world and there are plenty of creative ideas out there.
3) Is Creative Commons good for copyright holders and market competition? Why? Or not?
* Creative Commons was created for those who want to share their work without the risk of having it stolen by others, for market holders it offers a wide-open space for new creative ideas and the expansions on old ideas.
4) How should these intellectual property rights of people who created images, videos, and music be protected? Why is it necessary?
* Copyrights are important to protect the rights of the creativity of others have invested in their work. Without these copy rights, anyone could claim it was their work and the real creator would get nothing.
5) Should digital rights management (DRM) technologies be utilized? Why?
* I think this is a new era and there are vast amounts of talented people in the world, yes, I think digital management rights would be beneficial for many users in this digital age.