The Election Commission has fixed the last date for receipt of applications for postal ballot papers for general elections to the National Assembly and the Provincial Assemblies as
15th April, 2013.
This facility, under the law, has been extended only to the persons in Government service, members of Armed Forces, holders of public offices, their wives and such of their children as are registered voters and ordinarily reside with them provided they are stationed at a place other than the place in which their home constituency is situated. Persons detained in prison or held in other custody are also entitled to vote by postal ballot.
Procedure for POSTAL BALLOT:
1. Get a Certificate proving that you are a member of the armed forces or a Government Servant with PAK #, CNIC and current posting Location from your unit/department with your unit/department stamps.
2. Get the name and address of the returning officer of your constituency from the following link http://ecp.gov.pk/DROROARO.aspx. If you do not know your constituency then go to Finding your constituency. and then go to Finding your Returning Officer.
3. Check if you have the same National Assembly and Provincial Assembly returning officers.
4. Fill in the Postal Ballot Form as attached (postalballotform2013.pdf). You can get the name of your returning officer by following the link in STEP 2, and your Block Code and Sr # by following STEP 4c. Write your Block Code in the blank where it says (ADDRESS). Pictorial instructions on how to fill this form is also attached(filledPostalBallotForm2013.png)
4a. Please note that you will have to fill and send two postalballotform2013.pdf forms (one for your NA national constituency, and one for your PP/PS/PK/PB provincial constituency, if your electoral area is in Islamabad, or federally administered areas, then you will have to only fill and send one form). If you are unsure of your constituency name and number then kindly follow the methods given below the heading "Finding your Constituency Number and Name"
4c. You can get your Block Code , Sr # and Electoral Area of the voter list of your constituency by sending an SMS with your CNIC number to 8300
5. Send the forms with the certificate to your returning officer.
6. The returning officer will complete his verification of your application and certificate, he will then send you two special envelopes, including the ballot paper, a declaration form and further instructions on filling in the ballot paper and declaration form (the address of your posted location as specified in your application)
7. Fill in and send the Postal Ballot Paper by following the instructions sent by your returning officer.
For more details, kindly visit the link of the press release of postal ballot notification by the ecp as below