We have an immediate opening and are looking for help from one or two parents in our Pack (preferably someone with a 1st or 2nd grader). We do ask that every family volunteer with the Pack in some capacity each year and this is a great opportunity for someone! As you all know, our Membership Chair is Deb Kelly. Deb's son Devin will be graduating this coming March and will earn his Arrow of Light. As a result, Deb will be graduating from the Pack as well and we need to find a new person (or team of people to share in the work) to take on her role. We would like to identify someone who can learn from her this year and see the process she follows to make this transition easier.
The good news: you won't be alone! You will have lots of help from me, Kim and others. You don't need any specific experience with Cub Scouts at all; the Pack will provide you with training. It is helpful if the person/people are organized and are comfortable using a simple database. It is a great way to meet new families and get to know our Pack and activities (and help improve them!).
Membership Chair Responsibilities:
- Works with parents of incoming scouts each year and ensures they are registered appropriately with the correct forms and payment.
- Updates our database (we use PackMaster software) with new and updated contact and rank information.
- Submits new scout paperwork to Knox Trail Council and ensures proper payment is made to Council.
- Attends Cub Scout Information Night (typically in the spring) and talks with potential families about Cub Scouts/how to register
- Attends the Pack 97 monthly Committee Meeting the 1st Thursday of the month at 7 pm at St. John's
- Works with other great volunteers and have FUN! :)
If you have any questions, please feel free to let Kim or Deb know. Deb is getting ready to submit forms to Council next week, so the sooner we hear from you the better! This week would be great so we can get started! :)