Template Change Log
- Updated July 18, 2012
- Added a Google Users Group Forum for template users.
- (Suggested by Mark, Pack 154 in St Charles, IL)
- All Template Users are strongly encouraged to Join this Group
- You'll meet other template users and be able to exchange ideas to make your websites better
- Eventually you can search for solutions or for answers to your questions
- Post suggestions to improve the experience for those that follow
- General discussion area to meet others who started a Pack Website
- Revision History Section. We will eventually move our change log to the group forum
- We will add additional categories as needed.
- Also added a Template Users Group page that displays a Group gadget.
- Something you might consider for each of your dens and for the entire Pack.
- We may add this to the template in the future.
- Updated June 21, 2012
- Revised Item 03 of the Launch Countdown Instructions... "Customizing Website Images"
- Re-wrote entire instruction sheet and added access to source images (only for registered users).
- Instructions now include access over 75 .png images making it easier to customize them for your specific Pack
- Instructions include access to source files is you are using GIMP (a free image editing program) or PhotoShop for easy manipulation and customization.
- Updated March 24, 2012
- Added PayPal "Donate" Button to Launch Countdown page and to this page. Note that I very rarely recieve donations. Yet hundreds of Packs rave about the website. Very frustrating.
- Updated April 26, 2012
- Added "Testimonials" Page. If you'd like to be included, complete the form in Item 16 of the Launch Countdown Page.
- Updated March 12, 2012
- Added Template Change Log (1 Page)
- Added Version Number on Launch Page
- Updated Launch Countdown Document - Item 00 - "Read this First"
- Added "Know Your Version" paragraph
- If you don't have a Version Number on your Launch Page you are 2.0 or earlier.
- Added Items 15, 16 and 17 to Launch Countdown page
- Updated Launch Countdown Document - Item 09 - "Creating and Using Forms"
- Added Section 4 in case the form doesn't display properly per section 3 of the instructions
- Uploaded to Template Gallery May 2011
- No Updates
- Removed from Template Gallery in February 15 , 2012
Future Revisions to Look For...
- Directions for creating and using "Google Apps for Non-Profits"
- not started
- Probably the best way to start
- Comprehensive Leader Training Program
- started but tough figuring out the logistics and delivery methods
- Slow due to time constraints and preparing my Pack for the next Scout Year
Have an Older Version?
When you used this Google Sites Template to create your new website you copied the version as it was on THAT day. Any changes (improvements) made to the template (after that day) will not be included in your new website.
Occassionally you should click the "Cub Scout Template" link in the footer of your website and check the "Template Change Log" page for changes or improvements that your website will not include. You might find something you would like to add to your website or find a bug fix. (This is one reason why I request that you leave the link to the template in your footer. It makes it easy to check your version.)
Do You Have Something to Contribute?
If you made improvements to your website that others might find useful, please send a link to your page to firstname.lastname@example.org
and I will consider adding it to the current version of the Template and update this page to reflect the improvement.
Have You Donated to the Template Project Yet?
I would hate to have to charge a fee up front. Support the project if you found benefit from using it...