Scouting Activities with Pack 379 are funded through 3 Sources
The percentage of the total cost of the program from each source is set at the annual planning meeting in the fall of each year. The arrangement outlined below has worked for the Pack in the past but is revisited each year. Please attend the annual planning meeting and voice your concerns if these arrangements don't work for your family. Your input is welcome.
- Each scout pays dues either as cash/check or from his scout account if he has a balance from last year.
- Pack 379's yearly pack dues are currently some of the lowest in the area. 2016-17 = $70
$24 Registration fee goes to the district
$12 Boy's Life subscription goes to the district
$13 Rank Handbook received by your son
$15 Rank Neckerchief and Slide received by your son at graduation
$6 Balance goes to the Pack to cover all other operating expenses
- Your dues do not cover the full cost of your son's scouting experience.
- Without participation in sales events, Pack dues would be much higher.
- Sales are necessary to cover the Pack's operating expenses. These expenses include: facility rental, storage space rental, leadership training, Pack Meeting materials, regatta boats and pinewood derby cars, competition trophies, rank and other awards, etc.
- When scouts make sales through our fundraising programs, part of the profit is directed toward the cost of our group scouting activities and part goes into your son's account to pay for his elective camps. It is entirely possible for a boy to fund a year of scouting and summer camp for himself.
- District Popcorn Sales are held in the fall of each year to raise funds.
- Wreath Sales are held in the fall of each year to raise funds.
- If the Pack budget is met through though the Pack's portion of wreath and popcorn sales (as it has been in the past) there will be no additional fund raisers for the rest of the year.
If everyone spends a little time fundraising in the fall, the Pack can have fun for the rest of the year
Friends of Scouting
- Friends of Scouting is the annual giving campaign of the Northern Star Council of BSA (our district).
- Direct benefits to Pack 379 include:
- When the Pack meets its district assigned goal (2014-15 goal = $500 in total donations), we receive pinewood derby cars at no cost.
- Indirect benefits
- Donations go toward maintenance and up-keep of the several scout camps we use around the state.
- Camp fees to participate in camping are reduced for everyone who attends.
- In addition, this program helps fund "camperships" to serve boys who may not otherwise be able to afford these experiences.
- This is a great way for extended families and friends of scouts to donate to the Scouts Program overall.
- These donations are tax deductible (check with your accountant).
- How to donate:
- Check payable to "Northern Star Council" can be turned into our Treasurer (Vicki 2016-17).
- Online: Go to the online form and submit your donation electronically. IMPORTANT NOTE: be sure to add Pack 3379 St. Louis Park to the comment section of the form.