Scouting Activities with Pack 379 are funded through 3 Sources
- Each scout pays dues either in cash or from his scout account if he has a balance from last year.
- Pack 379's pack dues are currently some of the lowest in the area. 2015-16 = $70 (from which $24 goes to district registration fees and $12 to Boy's Life subscription).
- Your dues do not cover the full cost of your son's scouting experience.
- When scouts make sales, through our fundraising programs, part of the profit is directed toward the cost of our group scouting activities and part goes into your son's account to pay for his elective camps.
- Fall of 2015, our Pack will hold a Wreath Sale to raise funds.
- Spring of 2016 sales fund raiser has not yet been chosen.
Friends of Scouting
- Friends of Scouting is the annual giving campaign of the Northern Star Council of BSA (our district).
- Direct benefits to Pack 379 include:
- When the pack meets its district assigned goal (2014-15 goal = $500 in total donations), we receive pinewood derby cars at no cost.
- Indirect benefits
- Donations go toward maintenance and up-keep of the several scout camps we use around the state.
- Camp fees to participate in camping are reduced for everyone who attends.
- In addition, this program helps fund "camperships" to serve boys who may not otherwise be able to afford these experiences.
- This is a great way for extended families and friends of scouts to donate to the Scouts Program overall.
- These donations are tax deductible (check with your accountant).
- How to donate:
- Check payable to "Northern Star Council" can be turned into our Treasurer (Angie 2016-16).
- Online: Go to the online form and submit your donation electronically. IMPORTANT NOTE: be sure to add Pack 3379 St. Louis Park to the comment section of the form.