Scouting Activities with Pack 379 are funded through 3 Sources
- Each scout pays dues either in cash or from his scout account if he has a balance from last year.
- Pack 379's pack dues are currently some of the lowest in the area. 2014-15 = $70 (from which $24 goes to registration fees and $12 to Boy's Life subscription).
- Your dues do not cover the full cost of your son's scouting experience.
- When scouts make sales, through our fundraising programs, the profit is directed toward the cost of our scouting activities (including your scout's camps).
- Fall of 2014, our Pack held a Popcorn Sale and Wreath Sale to raise funds.
Friends of Scouting
- Friends of Scouting is the annual giving campaign of the Northern Star Council of BSA (our district).
- Direct benefits to Pack 379 include:
- When the pack meets its district assigned goal (2014-15 goal = $500 in total donations), we receive pinewood derby cars and regatta catamarans at no cost.
- Indirect benefits
- Donations go toward maintenance and up-keep of the several scout camps we use around the state.
- Camp fees to participate in camping are reduced for everyone who attends.
- In addition, this program helps fund "camperships" to serve boys who may not otherwise be able to afford these experiences.
- This is a great way for extended families and friends of scouts to donate to the Scouts Program overall.
- These donations ARE likely tax deductible (check with your accountant).
- How to donate:
- Check payable to "Northern Star Council" can be turned into our Committee Chair (2014-15: Sarah H.) or Treasurer (2014-15: Erik R.)
- Online: Go to the online form and submit your donation electronically. IMPORTANT NOTE: be sure to add Pack 3379 St. Louis Park to the comment section of the form.