The Professional Association of Biographical Counsellors is for Biographical counsellors trained by the Biography & Social Development Trust and students of the second and third year of training in Biographical Counselling.
Its purposes are:
- Promote research and ongoing training and development for Biographical Counsellors
- Support Biographical counsellors and those studying or working in biographical counselling by both increasing the profile of biographical counselling within the greater whole of the counselling and psychotherapeutic profession and through raising the awareness of biographical counsellors as to the issues and codes of conduct within this broader professional setting
- Contribute to high standards in Biographical counselling
- Provide a forum for biographical counsellors to meet and exchange knowledge and experience.
- Enable the Members access to current Biographical Counselling issues
- Encourage and support the publications by biographical counsellors of their research and findings in relevant literature and journals
- Act as a professional body for the purpose of consultation in matters of education or public interest concerning Biographical Counselling
- Identify and promote appropriate standards for the practice of Biographical counselling.