Purpose: To recognize an academic or research library for its outstanding national contribution to academic or research librarianship and library development in the Philippines.
Donor/Source of Fund: PAARL Scholarship Fund /other private sponsor
Nature of Grant: Plaque of Recognition and cash gift amounting to P10,000 given to the institution/awardee during the Annual General Assembly.
Criteria: Nominee should have the following qualifications:
· exemplary contribution to academic and research librarianship
· outstanding leadership in national/regional library development in the areas of library management, education and training, information and documentation services, etc.
· commitment to information networking and linkages
· commitment to PAARL’s objectives as demostrated by its continued support and cooperation in PAARL’s activities and undertakings
· Service to the organized profession through PLAI and/or other related organizations
Selection Process: Nominations should be addressed to the Awards and Scholarship Committee, which conducts the search and screening process, and submits a final list of nominees for the Board’s approval.
Deadline: October 31 for submission of nominees; November 30 for submission to the Board of Directors