- 4 eggs (let sit at room temperature for half-an-hour)
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots, lightly packed (make sure carrot is finely grated or it will sink to the bottom during baking)
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease and flour a 13x9x2 pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine beaten eggs, carrots, and oil, then add to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Pour into a pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool, keep in the pan.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar.
- When the cake is cool, frost (don’t do this too soon while the cake is still warm or the frosting will melt).
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Printed from www.ourlifeinmeals.com
Copyright © 2010