ONL 206: Visual Design
June 16 - 29, 2014
This course is worth 10 professional development hour and requires a time commitment of at least five hours per week. Once the course begins, no refunds will be issued.
This course is an introduction to some simple ways for online instructors to create visual content for their online courses. It will include some basic, inexpensive and easy ways to create and modify graphics. This course is not a graphic design class, nor does it require any advanced software skills. It is intended for the novice user, and will center on free or low cost software alternatives to the high-end and "steep learning curve" graphics software packages.
If you can honestly say that you "couldn't draw your way out of a paper bag," then this is the course for you! Basic skills are exactly what we are striving to learn, allowing you to engage your students by appealing to their visual style of learning. This course is delivered in Blackboard; however, it is not a course in the use of Blackboard, but is intended to allow you to apply what you have learned across multiple online channels.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe and recognize the different attributes and use of common graphics formats.
- Manipulate clipart and photos: including re-sizing, color corrections, and applying special effects.
- Examine the features and uses of a variety of free and low-cost graphics and multimedia software.
- Create a visual unity to your online course graphics.
- Develop a Course Banner or a unified graphic course style, including lecture materials that are converted from PowerPoint..
This course is 2 weeks long and earns OTC employees 10 hours of Professional Development.
Fees are as follows:
- Free to current OTC Employees- No tuition waivers needed
- $50 For Non-OTC Employees ((Please contact the Cashiers Office at 417-447-4827 or email email@example.com to make a payment)
If more information is needed please contact Nicki Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Enrollment cannot begin until fees are paid. OTC Online training courses are offered on a limited basis; scheduling is determined by identified need and levels of interest.