Comprehensive Ministry Review, March 13, 14 & 15
What is it?!?!
8:00 a.m. - Worship
9:00 a.m. Educational Hour
10:15 a.m. - Worship
5:30 p.m. -Worship
Come worship with us during Lent!
The Parables of Lent
We will be having Lenten Wednesday services on March 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th at Noon, 5:30 and 6:45 p.m.
Join us for The Parables of Lent, a special series of services for the season of Lent. Each service in this series focuses on a biblical parable that connects to Lenten themes.
· The Ash Wednesday service in the series is based on the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector. In this parable, the tax collector who repents goes home justified, while the proud Pharisee does not. The parable reminds us that we, too, who repent are justified through Christ.
· Week One in the series is based on the parable of the sower and the seed. In this parable, the seed that falls on fertile soil takes root and grows, while seeds in other soils fail.
· Week Two in the series is based on the parable of the hidden treasure and the priceless pearl. In this parable, two men give all that they have to buy objects of great worth.
· Week Three in the series is based on the parable of the Good Samaritan. In this parable, a man beaten on the road gets help from an unlikely traveler.
· Week Four in the series is based on the parable of the workers in the vineyard. In this parable, all workers in a vineyard are given the same pay from the master, no matter how long they have labored.
· Week Five in the series is based on the parable of the Prodigal Son. In this parable, a wayward son returns to the forgiving embrace of his father, who welcomes him home.
February Adult Education Embracing Spiritual Awakening – Diana Butler Bass with Tim Scorer: Best-selling author, scholar and “cultural observer” Diana Butler Bass explores what Christianity may look like “beyond religion and beyond the church.” In this engaging and provocative 5-sessio course Diana leads a small group of diverse adults and youth in a fascinating discussion of how, both culturally and spiritually, we are in the midst of another of history’s “great awakenings.” Sessions include Waking up, Believing, Behaving, Belonging, Awakening. Join us between worship services.
Our Saviour's Lutheran Church
is a proud member congregation of the
Interested in getting better acquainted with
Our Saviour's and its ministries?
Email Pastor Oppedahl at email@example.com
or call 715.723.6048.
Dates of meetings are subject to change.
Please call to confirm,
Check out our attachments at
Visit Our Companion Parish Page:
Walking Together-Lilongwe Cathedral Parish and Our Saviours Lutheran Church
Visit Us at
Please remember SIMPLY GIVING ensures both you and the church a worry free summer.
In case you don't know, SIMPLY GIVING is a means for you to have your offering automatically withdrawn from a bank account, which is especially handy during summer vacation.
If you have a question about this program please call the church office at 715-723-6048.