Welcome to the Grace Unlimited Home Page. This site was formerly called "The OSAS Arminian". This little corner of the web is intended to share my Biblical meditations and musings. It has been called "Grace Unlimited" as God's grace really is unlimited. It is unlimited in it's scope as it reaches out to all people and all nations. It is unlimited in power as the gospel of Jesus The Messiah is the power of God unto salvation unto all that believe. And is such amazing grace, that once it has got hold of us, it will not us go.
The law was given by Moses, grace and truth came by Jesus Christ (John 1:17, The Bible)
Photo provided by freefoto.com
This is a summation of beliefs held by the author of this site:
1. The Bible is inerrant and infallible Word of God. It is the ultimate authority in regards to faith and practice for the Christian life.
2. There is one God, Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that these three are co-eternal and share the same nature and attributes.
3. The deity of Jesus Christ; His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His death on a cross; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and His personal, imminent return.
4. Man was created by and for God; that by man's disobeying God, every person incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and physical death as a consequence; and that all people are sinners by nature and practice.
5. The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and that all who believe in Him are declared righteous because of His sacrificial death and are, therefore, in right relationship with God.
6. I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers and thus enabling and empowering the life and ministry of the believer.
7. I believe in the bodily resurrection of everyone who has lived, the everlasting blessedness of those in right relationship with God, and the everlasting punishment of those who have rejected God's forgiveness in His Son.
Beliefs on the Divine Sovereignty-Human Freedom debate:
1. Total Depravity: Man is bondage to sin, unable to trust in Jesus Christ and see the light of the gospel without the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
2. Election is "in Christ" and not aimed at individual sinners. Election is God's Appointment of believers in Christ to heavenly blessing. Predestination means the individual believer being predestined to future glory, not the individual sinner to initial salvation.
3. General Atonement: The Lord Jesus Christ shed his blood for the sins of the entire human race. It is sufficient for all and efficient only for those who trust in him.
4. Resistable Grace: God's grace in the gospel can be resisted and rejected by unbelievers. It can also be rejected by saints in sanctification by backsliding and rebellion.
5. Saints are eternally secure and preserved by God. Backsliding believers will experience the wrath and discipline of God to bring them back to repentance, even by physical death and loss of rewards as a last resort. It is the saving grace of God which teaches believers to say no to ungodliness and worldly lusts and to live righteously and soberly in the present evil world.
Other points (secondary but important):
1. God created the earth in a literal six solar days, taking the historical account of Genesis 1-2 at face value.
2. Baptism is for believers only.
3. God has not rejected ethnic, physical and national Israel. Those descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are still ethnically Jewish and the promises God made to them via Abraham (Genesis 12:1-3) are still valid today. God's grace and favour towards them has not been cancelled (Romans 11:29).
4. The current nation of Israel is in accordance with God's purposes and the regathering of them in unbelief is preparation for the second advent, by which time all Israel shall be saved (Romans 11:26).
5. The New Testament Church is not a continuation of National Israel. It is not "The New Israel" or "Spiritual Israel". The Church is God's "called-out assembly", composed of Jewish and Gentile believers. It began on earth at Pentecost and will be taken out of the earth when the Lord Jesus Christ comes to catch her away (the Rapture).
6. Sometime after the rapture, a one world leader (Anti-Christ) will arise and there will be a period of divine judgement upon this earth which has been unequalled since time began. Famines, Earthquakes and death will be visited on the entire human race. This will be the outpouring of God's wrath upon a sinful world and a final chance for humanity to repent before he comes to judge.