- (Snapshot (computer storage)) In computer systems, a snapshot is the state of a system at a particular point in time. The term was coined as an analogy to that in photography. It can refer to an actual copy of the state of a system or to a capability provided by certain systems.
- A brief look or summary
- (snapshot) an informal photograph; usually made with a small hand-held camera; "my snapshots haven't been developed yet"; "he tried to get unposed shots of his friends"
- An informal photograph taken quickly, typically with a small hand-held camera
- A record of the contents of a storage location or data file at a given time
- Snapshots, Eleanor McEvoy's third studio album, was released in 1999. McEvoy's primary goal was to make Snapshots her most song-oriented album to date. Toward that goal, McEvoy hooked up with producer Rupert Hine (who worked with Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, Suzanne Vega, and Duncan Sheik).
- The action of leaving something one previously occupied
- An extended period of recreation, esp. one spent away from home or in traveling
- the act of making something legally void
- spend or take a vacation
- leisure time away from work devoted to rest or pleasure; "we get two weeks of vacation every summer"; "we took a short holiday in Puerto Rico"
- A fixed holiday period between terms in schools and law courts
- The special luster of a pearl of the finest quality
- A pearl with such a luster
- determine one's position with reference to another point; "We had to orient ourselves in the forest"
- be oriented; "The weather vane points North"; "the dancers toes pointed outward"
- East: the countries of Asia
- The countries of Asia, esp. eastern Asia
- A pebbly or sandy shore, esp. by the ocean between high- and low-water marks
- A beach is a geological landform along the shoreline of an ocean, sea or lake. It usually consists of loose particles which are often composed of rock, such as sand, gravel, shingle, pebbles, waves or cobblestones.
- an area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake
- land on a beach; "the ship beached near the port"
Snapshot of a gentleman photographer
Amsterdam Sail, august 2010
Snapshot of a fleeing deer
Long distance shot, cropped