6th Grade Orchestra
Complete & Turn in by 9/2!
Sign up for an Orchestra Big Brother or Sister! Get help on your instrument and make a new friend in the Orchestra! Do this by Friday, 8/26 so I can begin scheduling you with your Big Brother or Sister!
Using a straw create your llama! Follow the handout to create it!
Students are to practice holding their instrument properly while listening to 3 songs during the weekend. Have fun! Refer to your DVD on how to hold the instrument properly.
1. Feet on the floor
2. Sit towards the Edge of the Chair
3. Violin/Viola - Assemble your instrument with your shoulder rest.
4. Violin/Viola - Turn your body so that your scroll faces the stand.
1. Cello/Bass need their rockstop & measure the height to the nose (Bass - eye level)
2. Cello sit with the instrument on your at a slight angle on the left side (lower peg slightly behind your ear, not above your head); Bass hold while standing having proper feet support.
Our goal is to have instruments by Friday, 8/19 (August 26th at the latest)
You may bring your instruments (violin/viola) & materials to school if you have them beginning on Wednesday, 8/17
Below is a list of Materials needed for the instruments:
1-9 of 9