6th Grade Orchestra
Complete Note Name Drill# 2A by Friday, 10/2.
Answer 20 questions with an 90% or higher in order to pass. Print the Page, Type your name, it will create a verification code on the printout. Turn in before or by 10/2.
Students may access school computers before or after school if they do not have access to the internet at home. My room is available on Monday-Wednesday & Friday mornings, and Monday and Thursday until 5:15 PM. All students that stay after school MUST HAVE A RIDE BY 5:15 PM.
The Orchestra Room is open for practice on most mornings beginning at 8:15 AM. Students may practice their instruments during this time.
This week, the room will be available on Monday and Thursday afternoons until 5:15 PM.
All students must have a ride at 5:15 PM from school if they practice in the afternoons.
Students will be wearing the Orchestra T-Shirt as the uniform for all concerts.
Please submit your payment in a school payment envelope by Friday, Sept. 11th.
Please make all checks payable to Palmer Middle School.
Attached is an order form. Print it out or have your child turn in the blue Orchestra T-shirt order form on or before September 11th with their size.
The first Orchestra Fun Day is scheduled for
Oct. 3rd from 10:30 AM- 12:30 PM.
In order to attend the trip, your child must be with their parent and have turned in the Blanket Field Trip Permission Form. All registration forms and monies are due on Friday, September 11th!
The cost to attend is $7 per person. This will get everyone 1 hour of unlimited bowling beginning at 10:30 AM, and 1 hour of unlimited video games with no tickets starting at 11:30 AM. IT DOES NOT INCLUDE CONCESSIONS OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES AT STARS AND STRIKES!
1. Karate Chop on first tape closest to the scroll
2. Slide to the left (to the nut)
3. Tap thumb tip on first tape
4. Index finger square shape onto first tape
5. Tap your thumb
1. Shoulder rest to your tummy
2. Scroll at left shoulder
3. Cradle like a doll
1. Place violin/viola on your left shoulder
2. Make your instrument come to you, not the other way around
3. Extend your right arm out, bring in to make the letter "V"
4. Make the letter "C" with the right hand fingers
5. Place thumb at edge of fingerboard, hooking onto the D or A string over the fingerboard.
6. Stand, and move your body to face your stand. Sit at the edge of your chair.
1. Reach out with left arm
2. Bend at elbow and make letter "C"
3. Place thumb across from 2nd finger
4. Fingers on tapes, starting with 4th
5. Tap your thumb
1. Place cello on chest or above chest. Place bass on your tummy. 1st tape is eye level.
2. Extend your right arm out, bring in to make the letter "V"
3. Make the letter "C" with the right hand fingers
4. Slide thumb on the side of fingerboard. Stop about 3/4 of the way down. Hook your index finger onto the D or A string over the fingerboard.
5. Sit at the edge of your chair & grow 2 inches.
Pass offs are playing assignments where students can take them as many times until they pass them. It is important for students to work on them prior to taking them. Once a student passes the goal, then they are awarded a sticker to place on the sticker chart! How many stickers can you get???
Pass offs this Friday, 9/4
Students received an assignment on Wednesday, 8/26: Welcome to the 6th Grade! It is our week in review!
Please have your child go over the assignment with you to help you understand what he/she is learning in orchestra! Download the file if has grown ANT legs and walked away!
Due: Tuesday, September 1st
We learned our first song today!!!
The ANT Song:
Each, each, each, each, and every
Ant, ant, and, digging in the
Dirt, dirt, dirt, all the way to
Greece, Greece, Greece jumping in the
(C) , Sea, Sea, Sea