Orange County, California GenWeb
A Few Words About Volunteers and Volunteering
Where would GenWebs be without volunteers? My contribution is keeping the website up to date. I hope you will join me in this endeavor and make just a small commitment to do one of the following:
1. Do lookups at your local library for obituaries.
2. Take photos of gravemarkers near your home. Many people have digital cameras that make it easy to take a photo of a grave marker. This can mean a lot to someone from another state who cannot travel to take a photo.
3. Transcribe obituaries. Look at the wonderful data HERE that Kerry Hallas submitted a few years ago.
4. Gather cemetery data. Contact a local Orange County cemetery and ask if you can put its data online, or, walk the cemetery and gather headstone information. Check out the Tombstone Project
first to make sure the cemetery has not already been done.
|Ostrich Eggs for Breakfast (Fullerton History)|
|Cemetery photos at the following cemeteries: Loma Vista (Fullerton) Memory Garden Memorial Park (Brea) Holy Sepulcher (Orange) Fairhaven Memorial Park (Santa Ana) Santa Ana Cemetery (Santa Ana) Olive Lawn Memorial Park (La Mirada).|
1. Cemetery records Vol. 1, Magnolia Memorial Park, Garden Grove 1874-1967
2. Cemetery records Vol. 2, St. John's Lutheran Cemetery, Santa Ana 1890-1968
3. Cemetery records Vol. 3, Holy Cross Cemetery, Anaheim, El Toro Cemetery, El Toro, San Juan Capistrano Mission, San Juan Capistrano, Yorba Linda Cemetery, Yorba Linda
4. Cemetery records Vol. 5, Anaheim Cemetery, Anaheim 1867-1928
5. Cemetery records Vol. 6, Santa Ana Cemetery, Santa Ana 1907-1992
6. Orange County Probate Records Vol 1, Books A-E 1889-1927
7. Orange County Marriage Records Vols 1-2-3, Aug 1889-Dec 1912
8. Orange County Birth Records Vols 1-2-3, Aug 1889-1912
9. Orange County Death Records and Burial Permits Aug 1889-Jan 1904
No Volunteer at this time
|I can do lookups in the following books: Orange County Great Register of 1890 |
Tustin Tintypes- A pictorial History of Old Tustin The Historical Volume & Reference Works of Orange Co by Talbert.- 3 volumes. My family goes way back-- Came to Westminster Colony in 1876.
|A Hundred Years of Yesterdays: A Centennial History of the People of Orange County and Their Communities", ed. Esther Cramer, Keith A Dixon, Diann Marsh, Phil Brigandi, Clarice A. Blamer, Published by The Orange County Centennial, Inc. 1988 Nice detail about the founding and people who formed all the OC communities.|
|I have the 1911 and 1921 editions of Samuel Armor's "History of Orange County California" and hereby volunteer to do lookups.|
|1959-60 Huntington Beach City Directory |
NO CORRECT EMAIL as of 1/2008
|No current email |
|I can do lookups in The 1890 Great Register of Orange County California |
Please note that only males are listed in this register, because women weren't allowed to vote in 1890.
|If anyone has ancestors involved with the Anaheim Police Dept., I'd be happy to do a look up. I own a copy of the ANAHEIM POLICE DEPARTMENT, REFLECTING ON TRADITION book, compiled by the Anaheim Police Officers Association in Anaheim in 1992. It gives bio's and stories from the inception in 1870 to present times. (My great great grandpa was the very first elected City Marshal for Anaheim in 1870, David D. DAVIES).|
|I have a large Orange Co. library - mostly San Juan Capistrano data. There are about 300 other Orange Co. history books also. I speak & read Spanish, which comes in very handy when old Spanish recs. need to be translated. Don't have every day free. I primarily do old mission records, old Spanish/Mexican family research, and cemetery look ups, including Campos Santos (Saint's Hill) on Ortega, San Juan Capistrano. I enjoy Native American searches also. The JUANENO Tribe is easiest for me because I know many genealogy lines personally. |
NO CURRENT EMAIL
If you would like to become a look up assistant or you note any links that are not functioning properly, please email Denise
Copyright 2009 by Sheila Larson on behalf of the California GenWeb Project. Move to this new site April 2012.