EDUCATIONAL/CAREER PLANNING FOLDER - 9th Grade
Freshmen are introduced to their educational/career planning folder which will be used at O'Neill High School.
Freshmen have spent some time with the counselors updating the participation section of their folder. Keeping track of present activities, awards, employment, and community service will be important in preparing students for college, scholarship, and job applications during their senior year.
1) Teach lessons on study skills and the value of success
2) Review your progress grades and understand how each grade affects overall Grade Point Average
3) Review graduation requirement
4) Complete a Career Assessment through Career Connections Website
5) Review the different Career Fields and cluster and complete a career goal
6) Learn about making post-secondary choices, college choices, college testing and entrance information, student opportunities and NCAA requirements
7) Develop your high school resume on the Career Connections Website
8) Review your transcript and complete a credit check
9) Create a 3 year scheduling plan
10) Register for your sophomore year
EDUCATIONAL/CAREER PLANNING FOLDER WILL BE ABLE TO BE ACCESSED THROUGH THE HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE OFFICE. FOLDERS CAN BE CHECKED OUT BY STUDENTS AND VIEWED BY PARENTS AT PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES.
OTHER LINKS UNDER "MY PAGES" TO USE:
*Use the GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS link to ensure that you are gaining the credits that you need to graduate and to know what course-track your counselors recommend to best prepare you for college.