means that a gadget-developer can easily deploy (upload) his/her
open-social gadget to a production container (say, iGoogle) from within
OSDE, and then he/she can preview the gadget with live interaction with
a production container.
- task priority: p0=highest, p4=lowest
- please see below for detailed steps
- Developer (right-)clicks on anyone of the following
OSDE displays a dropdown list of functions. Developer selects "Run this application on production" and a (dropdown sub-menu) list of container options appear.
- (done) gadget.xml
- (done) "OSDE" tab menu
OSDE pops up a dialog asking for:
- (done) Support iGoogle container
- (p4) Prepare to support more containers.
Devloper clicks on OK button OSDE interacts with iGoogle server to authenticate the user OSDE uploads gadget files to iGoogle server
- (done) google account and password
- (done) a checkbox asking whether to use external browser or not
- (done) preview home view or canvas view
if developer has already input account/password info, OSDE stores the
corresponding session tokens and does not ask for account/password
again during the current session.
- (p4) country and language
OSDE opens a browser OSDE previews the gadget against iGoogle production server.
- (done) support one gadget xml file
- (done) support multiple files
- (done) support previewing the whole iframe of the gadget
- (p4) support interacting with the whole iGoogle container (not just inside the iframe of the gadget) during preview.