The best way to get familiar with MCT's capabilities is to watch the introductory video on the home page, then download and experiment with the evaluation version that includes preloaded objects, an embedded database, a selection of views, and a simulated data feed.
To download and run the evaluation version:
1. Confirm that Java version 1.6 or later is installed on your computer.
2. Click the link below to download install.jar to your computer.
3. Launch the installer.
- On Windows or Mac OS, double-click the downloaded file or select Open from the right-click menu.
- Linux systems may treat the .jar file as either an executable or an archive, depending on your local configuration. To start the installer from the command line:
- Change to the directory where install.jar was downloaded.
- Issue the command
java -jar install.jar
4. A wizard will guide you through the install process.
If you are not running a version of Java that is compatible with MCT, you will see an error message.
5. Select the installation path, then press Next to begin the install. If the target directory does not exist, it will be created. MCT will not install files in any other location or make any other changes to your computer.
Important notes for users of Windows 7 or Mac OS X Mountain Lion:
- The demo installer cannot install into into c:\Program files on Windows 7.
Workaround: install in a user directory. (e.g., C:\Users\username\MCT)
- The demo
installer won't run on Mountain Lion under default security settings;
installation fails with the warning: '"install.jar" cannot be opened
because it is from an unidentified developer.' Workaround: either change security settings or set an exception for the installer file. Instructions are at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290
6. A status dialog will show the progress of the installation.
7. When the installation is complete, you will see the following dialog:
You can now delete the install.jar file that you downloaded.
8. Start the MCT evaluation with the Launch MCT.jar file in the root of the MCT install directory.
To start MCT from the command line in Linux:
- Change to the directory where MCT was installed.
- Issue the command
java -jar "Launch MCT.jar"
The quotes are required because of the space in the filename.
The Quick Start Guide
will help you get started with the MCT evaluation version.
You can get additional plug-ins here
Once you're ready to begin using the full MCT framework, you'll find everything you need on the Install MCT