The great idea behind Openstreetmap project is that you can edit the map yourself. You can help to make the maps better to join Openstreetmap. By improving the map in you own area you can have the latest and best map thats available, and for free! :-)
How do I participate in Openstreetmap (OSM)?
- Beginners guide to OSM - This guide shows step by step how to get started with OpenStreetMap. You will learn
how to set up an account, how to use map editing software, and how to go outside
and collect information to put on the map
- Please report errors or missing details by adding a note on the main map of Openstreetmap.org (missing streets, streetnames, new bike paths, pois, broken routing etc). Registered users get a notification when the reported bug is handled or solved.
Add notes on the main map of openstreetmap.org
- Errors concerning the rendering of the Openfietsmap: if you don't see
the same error on the maps on openstreetmap.org it is possibly a bug in
my map. Use the contact form to report it to me.
- Use the slippy map "Bicycle tags on OSM" to zoom in on the specific details and switch directly to your favorite OSM editor.
- Take a look at the OSM bugs and errors database of Keepright. Here you can check why the routing is broken. In many cases roads are not connected properly.