This is a driver backup tool of command line. Simply, when the program runs, it can backup the outer installed drivers of current win32 platform immediately, so it is convenient for you to reinstall the system.
It uses Perl Language to program. This program can help you get the content of the backup which you need through analyzing the data of win32 REGEDIT and .inf files, so it is easy to make the secondary development.
When the computer drives backup, according to the description of diver in REGEDIT, it will generate subdirectories in “driver” directory. The program will contain diver files as much as possible, but it may not find digital signature files. Generally, the reason is that digital signature files do not copy to current system.
This software can pass the test of xp system, so it also can run in the system of win 2000 and win 2003, as well as vista.
- It can backup fast, and it is faster than Diver Wizard.
- It has a good accuracy which does not search noninstalled files actually.
- It executes backup directly, so it is used easily.
- It solves the problem that the .inf file is the Unicode format.
- Some files cannot find, so it adds in System32 folder for seeking.
- It can analyze disordered inf files, for instance, Strings is not at the bottom or the content of inf files is not dos format.
- It solves the problem that how to make a decision when we find several identical files in DRVSTORE and Reinstall Backups directory. Using MD5 value of .inf files to make a match, if it is equal to current .inf files, it will be read.
- It adds to the dealing with Copyfiles. The Copyfiles part which cannot find in Destination Dirs will be put in remained Sourcefiles to have a final management.
- solving the problem of REGEDIT permissions.
- solving the problem that the deleted driver may have the same name with the current drive .inf file.
- mainly for searching Bug.
Everyone who has a test please keep an eye on whether your backup files are entirely. The best testing method is to delete driver ( deleteing drive files), and then reinstall.
Please complain here, if you have any problem.
If you do not have the whole driver, please tell me that you lack which one and submit the relevant .inf file to me.
If you have any questions, U can join our group to discuss. Google Group.
This software is free, so we do not take responsible for it.
If you have commercial request, you can connect us to get the technical suuport.
Our site: http://www.opener.asia
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE
Copyright (C) 2008 Opener tech Ltd. All rights reserved.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the same terms as Perl itself.
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE
ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL
NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR
REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENSE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.