Release Date: 2009-05-01
Release Date: 2009-01-08
This is a program for the development of Windows installers. Its main function is to install the programs which are programmed by Perl to make the aim that you can install them by yourself become true. It is like NSIS.
Because the installation of Perl interpreter is not so popular, it leads to the procedure which is written by Perl is difficult to run in other machines. In this condition, it needs an installer which is installing the Perl interpreter while installing the programs that are written by yourself. Opener Package can carry this use into effect. We hope that Perl interpreter can install on every computer around the world.
Certainly, this installed program is not only can install the programs which are written by Perl, but also can install the programs which are written by the other languages.
The making of installed program can not only use script to write, but also use GUI directly.
The function of Opener Package: install the programs. It orients the stand-alone Perl programs, like NSIS.
The program consists of three elements:
1.The main program, Setup.exe, which is capable of parsing setting.ini files, can execute relevant installations. It contains an intact interpreter and the runtime environment.
2. The configuration file, Setting.ini, guide Setup.exe how to execute the target program for installing.The file needed to install, .Zip, waits the Setup.exe to install to the directory specified.
1. Package the installation programs you need and relevant resource files into a .zip pack, and place them in the directory in which the setup.exe lives. If there are multiple attached sections need to be installed, you can package them into multiple .zip files and place them in the directory in which the setup.exe lives. For example, Gtk runtime library.
2. Edit setting.ini files. Based upon the examples, edit and set the option what you need, such as: registry, start menu, environment variables, etc.What’s the most important is setting the .zip files you just package in the [File] option. For example:
File1=setup.zip; main_run_file=perl.exe; install_dest=c: \test
file2=svn.zip; install_dest=c: \test\test
File1=setup.zip is the file what you packaged to be installed. install_dest=c: \test orients the directory where you default install to.
file2=svn.zip is the file need to be installed too.
3. Release the setup.exe file, the setting.ini file and the .zip file together.
Feature:1. Built-in contains the Perl interpreter, which makes the installation of Perl program much easier. Specify an installation of Perl interpreter in setting.ini file. Then, the Perl program you released can be executed directly.
2. There are relatively perfect installation parts. You can set the registry, installation menu, file associations, environment variables, shortcut and autorun.
3. You can create the installer in the way of editing the simple setting.ini script. It’s quite simple, you just set some values. It is quite easy to set the registry with the same format as the registry of Win32.
4. Support for the installation of multiple programs. You can install multiple .zip programs to different directories.
5. Support for multiple languages interface. Build-in support for Chinese and English.
1. It runs slowly. The Perl program , packaged by Par, runs not so fast at the first time. The installation program packages many Per1 attached modules. （In order to solve this complex problem ,we have to study the Par itself first.）
2. We can not package the whole installation program into a file like NSIS for a while. We divide the installation program into three files. (To solve the problem, we can create a GUI program which can create the installer.)
3. There's no uninstall program (It isn't made yet)
4. The Perl library needed by the Perl program, which you want to install, may be not in the installation program . (Because the installation pack has been packaged before, it can't contain Per1 library all we need. It can be solved by a GUI program of installer creating. )
If you have any questions, U can join our group to discuss. Google Group.
This software is free, so we do not take responsible for it.
If you have commercial request, you can connect us to get the technical suuport.
Our site: http://www.opener.asia
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE
Copyright (C) 2008 Opener tech Ltd. All rights reserved.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the same terms as Perl itself.
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE
ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL
NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR
REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENSE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.