2017 Walk A Mile In Her Shoes®
Benefiting Open Arms of Findlay
April 22, 2017
Benefiting Open Arms of Findlay
April 22, 2017
Individual Walker Information
1. Please read all instructions prior to registering.
2. Please Pre-Register online. Although it is not required, it does expedite your process on event day.
(If you are walking with a team, each team member will need to pre-register and print their Sponsor Pledge Form).
3. After completing the registration form, you will be directed to the Sponsor Pledge Form.
4. Print the Sponsor Pledge Form.
(if you need additional sponsor forms, there is a link below under Event Check In.)
5. Ask your friends, coworkers and family to sponsor you for the walk. They can sponsor in any dollar amount.
(please collect your sponsor money prior to the event) Checks can be made out to Open Arms.
Event Check In - 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 - Riverside Park, Findlay
1. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. at Riverside Park.
2. Go to the Registration area.
(Please complete all information on your 2 page Sponsor Pledge Form prior to entering the registration area.)
3. Your two page Sponsor Pledge Form and money will be collected.
(Please turn in all sponsor money when you check in at the event)
4. Your registration fee will be collected, adults-$20; students-$10.
5. You will receive your walker number.
(If you are walking with a team, you will also receive your team logo)
6. You will then go to the t-shirt and walker bag area.
(T-shirts and walker bags are provided to registered walkers)
7. You will then go to the shoe area. You will try on and be assigned a pair of shoes.
(Shoes you wore to the event will be held at the shoe station until you return the heels)
8. You will then go to the flip flop area.
(You will have the opportunity to purchase flip flops for $1 to wear until the actual start of the race)
9. You will then go to the photo area.
(Your picture will be taken by a professional photographer and available at no cost after the event)
10. You can then enjoy the vendors, Kids Zone, pampered pavilion, buy your raffle tickets or trade tips with your fellow walkers.
You will be guided from area to area by volunteers; there is no need to print these instructions.
The Opening Ceremony - 11:30 a.m.
1. There will be a short Opening Ceremony presentation prior to the Walk kick-off.
2. All walkers will march across the stage.
(This is where the judges will decide the award recipients for many various categories including, Best Legs, Best Strut, Most Likely to Break a Heel, Needs Training Heels and many other categories.)
3. Walkers will line up for the walk.
The Awards Ceremony
Click here for a list of Awards
How do I walk in those shoes?
Please visit our "Tips for Walking" page
Do I have to dress like a girl?
Most of our walkers wear the Walk a Mile t-shirt you will receive at registration with shorts or jeans.
Some of our participants are creative and dress for the occasion, but most wear the event t-shirt and shorts, pants or jeans.
What if it rains?
The walkers will walk even if it rains, unless deemed dangerous with thunderstorms. The Riverside Shell is protected from rain. We will still collect walker sponsorship money at registration, even if you decide not to walk in the rain. If it rains we usually have canopies and shelters for the event area. We have held several past Walk a Mile in Her Shoes in the rain.
If you feel it is not safe for you and your family to walk or attend the event, please do not attend. Sponsorship money is also collected the Monday after the walk at Open Arms in Findlay. Information about any cancellations or weather issues will be posted on the home page of this website by 9:00 am the day of the event.
Do I have to wear the shoes provided?
You can wear any height heels. To qualify for the first, second and third place finish awards, you must be in 4" or taller heels.
Are the shoes provided?
Yes, Open Arms provides the 4" high heels for the walk (while supplies last). Many participants bring their own high heel shoes.
If I am walking with a team do I have to pay the individual registration fee?
Yes, even if registered as a team, each walker must pay the registration fee.
Team members are individual walkers that are just walking as part of a team with a team logo.
Team members must register as individuals and designate they are part of a team on the online registration form.
Can women walk?
We welcome women to walk as individuals, a team, or with the guys!
Register to walk online, print your sponsor sheet, collect from your sponsors and you will receive a tshirt and walker bag. Women can walk in tennis shoes or high heels, but are not eligible for awards.
Do all the proceeds go to Open Arms in Findlay?
Yes, all proceeds go directly to Open Arms in Findlay.
When do I turn in my money?
All sponsor money must be turned in when you check in at the actual event.
Can my family walk with me?
We encourage families to walk together! T-shirts and shoes will only be given to participants that have paid the registration fee.
Is there an age limit for walkers?
There is no age limit for participants.
Can I just show up the day of the event and walk?
Yes, if you pay your registration fee. Although we try to accommodate everyone, shoes, shirts and walker bags are not guaranteed if you do not pre-register.