- Social Studies is a 1999 album by Loudon Wainwright III. It represents a
compilation of various topical and satirical songs. The tracks produced
primarily for National Public Radio and based upon then-current issues and
events, such as the Tonya Harding scandal, the O. J.
- Social studies is the "integrated study of the social sciences and
humanities to promote civic competence," as defined by the National Council for
the Social Studies.
- Social Studies is an album by American composer, bandleader and keyboardist
Carla Bley recorded in 1980 and released on the Watt/ECM label in 1981. accessed
August 3, 2010
- Various aspects or branches of the study of human society, considered as an
- course of study: an integrated course of academic studies; "he was admitted
to a new program at the university"
- (curricular) of or relating to an academic course of study
- The subjects comprising a course of study in a school or college
- In formal education, a curriculum (plural: curricula, or curriculums) is the
set of courses, and their content, offered at a school or university.
- A province in eastern Canada, between Hudson Bay and the Great Lakes; pop.
9,914,200; capital, Toronto. It was settled by the French and the English in the
1600s, ceded to Britain in 1763, and became one of the original four provinces
in the Dominion of Canada in 1867
- Lake Ontario: the smallest of the Great Lakes
- a prosperous and industrialized province in central Canada
- Ontario is a Province of Canada located in the east-central part of Canada,
Ontario is located in the geographic eastern half of Canada, but it has
historically and politically been considered to be part of Central Canada (along
ontario curriculum social studies -
Differentiating Instruction With Menus: Social Studies (Grades 6-8)
Differentiating Instruction With Menus: Social
Studies for grades 6–8 offers teachers everything needed to create a
student-centered learning environment based on choice. This book provides five
different types of menus that students can use to select exciting products that
they will develop so teachers can assess what has been learned—instead of using
a traditional worksheet format. Topics addressed include geography, government,
ancient history, and U.S. history.
Differentiating Instruction With Menus:
Social Studies contains attractive reproducible menus, each based on the levels
of Bloom's Revised taxonomy, for students to use to guide them in making
decisions as to which products they will develop after studying a major concept
or unit. Using creative and challenging choices found in Tic-Tac-Toe menus, List
menus, 2-5-8 menus, Baseball menus, and Game Show menus, students will look
forward to sharing their newfound knowledge throughout the year. Also included
are specific guidelines for products, rubrics for assessing student products,
and teacher introduction pages for each menu. This is a must-have for any
teacher wanting to differentiate for gifted and advanced
Social Studies Centre in Oxford
I'm not entirely sure that this is the Social
Studies Centre on George Street but its on the right place on the map. Taken
with a 35mm film in an Olympus OM30.
Social Studies fair winners
At the Veteran's Day assembly, Mrs. Earhart
announced the winners of the Social Studies fair.
ontario curriculum social studies
Fredericks presents hundreds of hands-on,
minds-on projects that actively engage students in positive learning
experiences. Each of the units offers book summaries, social studies topic
areas, critical thinking questions, classroom resources, and lots of easy-to-do
activities for every grade level. The author also provides practical guidelines
for collaborative ventures with school librarians, tips for integrating
literature across the curriculum, lists of relevant web sites useful in social
studies curriculum. Everything is linked to the social studies