- Abide by a vow of confidentiality. Any information that is discussed within the context of a Reiki session is confidential between the client and the Practitioner.
- Provide a safe and comfortable area for sessions and work to provide an empowering and supportive environment for clients.
- Always treat clients with the utmost respect and honor.
- Have a pure and clear intention to offer your services for the highest healing good of the client.
- Provide a brief oral or written of what happens during a session and what to expect before a client’s initial session.
- Be respectful of all other’s Reiki views and paths.
- Educate clients on the value of Reiki and explain that sessions do not guarantee a cure, nor are they a substitute for qualified medical or professional care. Reiki is one part of an integrated healing or wellness program.
- Suggest a consultation or referral to a qualified licensed professional (medical doctor, licensed therapist etc.)
- Never diagnose or prescribe. Never suggest the client change prescribed treatment or interfere with the treatment of a licensed health care provider.
- Be sensitive to the boundary needs or individual clients.
- Never ask clients to disrobe (unless in the context of a licensed massage therapy session at the client’s option). Do not touch the genital area or breast. Practice hands off healing of these areas if treatment is needed.
- Be working to create harmony and friendly cooperation between Reiki Practitioners in the community and represent the school where you were trained in a most professional manner.
- Act as a beacon in your community by doing the best job possible.
- Work to empower your clients to heal themselves and to encourage and assist them in the development of their own work with Reiki or their Reiki practices.
- Be actively working on your own healing so as to embody and fully express the essence of Reiki in everything you do.
Client Signature Date
One Light Healing – Kelly Glab Date