Director of Mobile Systems, Intelligent Networks, and Data Science (MINDS) Laboratory
1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO USA 80918
Prospective Students: We have multiple open PhD positions. Please visit the following link for more details: https://sites.google.com/site/omidsemiari/open-positions
Omid Semiari is an Assistant Professor and the director of Mobile Systems, Intelligent Networks, and Data Science (MINDS) Lab at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Georgia Southern University. He received the BS and MS degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Tehran, in 2010 and 2012, respectively, and the PhD degree from Virginia Tech, in 2017. His research interests include wireless communications (5G system and beyond), machine learning, cross-layer network optimization, and signal processing with an emphasis on new technologies such as connected and autonomous vehicles, wireless extended reality, industrial IoT, and context-aware networks. He had previously held industry positions as a research intern at leading companies such as Qualcomm and Nokia Bell Labs. He is the recipient of several research awards, including the NSF CRII award and the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) scholarship.
- I have received the NSF CISE Research Initiation Initiative (CRII) award in support of my research on connected and autonomous vehicles. Thank you NSF!
- I am recognized as an exemplary reviewer by IEEE Transactions on Communications.
- I served as an editor for the feature topic of the TCCN Newsletter on "UAV Communications". Here is the link: http://cn.committees.comsoc.org/files/2018/12/NewsLetter_Dec_2018.pdf
- Our recent paper "Integrated Millimeter Wave and Sub-6 GHz Wireless Networks: A Roadmap for Joint Mobile Broadband and Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communications" is accepted and will appear in IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine.
- I will serve as a TPC member for IEEE WCNC 2019.
- Our recent paper "Ultra Reliable, Low Latency Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Wireless Communications with Edge Computing" will be presented in IEEE GLOBECOM 2018.
- Our recent paper "Optimized Path Planning for Inspection by Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Swarm with Energy Constraints" will be presented in IEEE GLOBECOM 2018.