A recipe adapted only slightly from allrecipes.com
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded or in bite-size pieces
- 3 cups vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, broccoli, cauliflower,etc)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 unbaked pie crust (purchased or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Celsius
- In a saucepan, cook onions and garlic in butter until soft and translucent.
- Stir in flour and allow to cook for one additional minute.
- Gradually add chicken broth and milk. Mix together until thick.
- Add vegetables, chicken and spices.
- Pour filling into one 9-inch square baking dish or into three individual-sized baking dishes.
- Cover filling with pie crust and make several small slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes are until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Allow to cool before serving.