Audio RPG is a Sound Player application designed for playing music and sound ambiance during role playing game sessions. This software is developped with the design and specification requirements of Sylvain Marquis for the Club BLUC THE community of Role Playing Gamers :-)
the presented screenshots are not definitive and may evolve during time and versioning updates
- Load Save buttons : save or load a "ARPG" session
- Add Audio Module button : allows you to browse and add a new sound module into the current ARPG session
- Sound Modules can be linked / unlinked together or attached to a Mastertrack slot
- Accessor shortcuts: temporaly hardcoded with CTRL+[A..Z] + CTRL+[0..9] to directly access the sound modules
- Presse Spacebar to play / unplay a Track
- Add sound modules directly on a Track
- Playlist mode for musics or sounds will be released soon.
- Waveform edition will be implemented into a next improvement of Audio RPG. (this is a huge feature)
a sound module is the loaded sound resource int oAudio RPG. it represented as a module that can be manipulated into audio RPG interface.
Here is a brief description of the module interface and functionalitites:
two types of sound module are distinguished two icons. These icons are set according to the sound file type.
The sound modules can be linked together into a serie or chaines sound modules
Simply drag and drop a module next to another to link them
To unlink modules just serarate them
A coloured moving selector bar helps you to identify the selected sound module.
You can select instanly any sound module by using it shortcut accessor : CTRL+'letter' in blue A, B, C ...(note that the shortcuts are not editabe for the moment)
You can also navigate with the arrow keys (up, down, left, right) between sound modules and tracks:
On the top of the screen the selected sound module extra information are displayed
-The resource name path and file
-the shortcut key
- the volume value (0..100)
the Pitch, Pan, Playing time, and Volume Gauges
To adjust the volume line on a sound module Select a sound module linked into a track.
Click on the Add Module button located on the top menu bar
Here is a short overview of the track controls and functionality
You can set the overall track volume line
Or press the CTRL + O shortcut to access directly to the load dialog box
A dialog box appears select an session file to be loaded (.arpg) from the folder Gamedata/AudioRPG
then click on open button to validate the loading process
Simply click on the Save button or press the CTRL + S shortcut to access directly to the save dialog box.
the Audio RPG session files are generaly save into Gamedata/AudioRPG/ folder
When saved, each sound modules are stored into separate files into the Gamedata/AudioRPG/Level/Object/
- module name
- position (x, y, z(order)) // z-Order € [0.0 ... 1.0]
- sound resource path (relative or absolute)
- Loop status 1/0 (boolean value) loop is set to 1 by default
- Track #ID to be connected (track index starts from zero) no connection = -1
- Shortcut keystroke reference
- Volume value [0 .. 100] default value = 100 (full volume value set)
- Pitching value [0+ .. 2.0] default value = 1.0 (normal speed)
- Panning value [-100 .. 100] default value = 0.0 (centered sound output : -100 = sound output completely on left /// 100 = sound output completely on right
then all the sound module file are stored into a session file (.arpg) that contains all the audio file list
- number of modules
- list of sound modules