Our Parish
 
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish was established in July of 1905 by the Claretian Missionary Fathers. The Claretian Missionaries were sent from the San Gabriel Mission to the then remote area known as Cucamonga. The missionaries were from Spain and Italy and had a great facility with the Spanish language. They were sent in order to assist with the spiritual and sacramental needs of a growing population of Mexican farm workers whose main support of income was the agricultural crops of that Century.
 
In 1905, the Catholic community was called Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission, a mission extension of the San Gabriel Mission. This first Catholic gathered in a tiny frame building contructed by the Claretian Missionaries. In 1915 Dr. Daisy and Mr. Leon Lucas gave a generous donation to build the first chucrch building on the 8th street side of the church property. Later, the community was renamed in 1921 to Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary's apparitions to Saint Simon Stock.
 
In 1950, a second church building was constructed to accomodate the growing Catholic population of the Cucamonga area. It is the current church building being used for Sunday worship.