Title: Parish Manager
Lady of the Fields
The Parish Manager serves as a staff
resource in support of the Pastor, fulfilling parish administrative needs in
finance, buildings & grounds, and personnel. He/she directs these efforts
with relevant expertise within a framework of shared ministry and Catholic
The Parish Manager serves in a key
parish management position. Together, the Pastor, Associate Pastor(s),
Deacon(s), and Parish Manager form the core management team that ensures that
the pastoral and temporal needs of the parish are sustained.
- Establish and maintain accurate
filing, recordkeeping and reporting system for all parish financial
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and
year-end reports, including financial statements, for parish and
- Reconcile Bank statements
monthly; analyze fees paid and interest earned and recommend changes as
appropriate to insure maximum returns
- Establish and maintain a cash
flow management system with purchasing and payment schedules clearly
- Prepare and administer the
annual parish budget in collaboration with the Finance Committee, Pastor,
and Pastoral Council. Conduct periodic reviews of budget (minimum
bi-annually) and recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Monitor collection, counting,
recording, & depositing of parish revenue from all sources. Insure
that adequate internal controls are in place and adhered to for the
processing of all revenues.
- Supervise parish Bookkeeper on
all payroll, banking, tithing, and tax-related matters
- Serve as a resource to parish
organizations in all financial matters
- Direct the operation of the
parish office. Schedule staff and insure adequate coverage for office
functions. Insure that appropriate records are completed and maintained
for payroll purposes and for the accurate accounting of leave taken and
remaining leave balances.
- Oversee the day-to-day
operation of the cemeteries, including marketing and sales, recordkeeping
and filing of deeds, cash management, contract negotiation, coordination
with funeral directors and monument company representatives, maintenance
of grounds and markers, required interface and document filing with county
representatives, verification of burial rights, etc.
- Oversee the compilation of
required data for the annual Archdiocesan Consolidated Report; compile
data and prepare and submit report annually according to established
- Oversee operation of parish
office computer and duplicating equipment
- Oversee operation of parish
website to insure that it is properly maintained and updated
- Supervise or direct the maintaining
of parish membership and sacramental records
- Supervise staff: Maintenance
workers, Bookkeeper, Administrative Assistant, and others as determined by
- Attend staff meetings, Parish
Council meetings, and other committee meetings. Attend Archdiocesan
meetings where appropriate for training and development.
- Assist with the selection and
hiring of personnel in collaboration with the Pastor and according to
Archdiocesan (Human Resources and Office of Child and Youth Protection)
policies; insure that all employees comply with OCYP requirements.
Facilities Management Responsibilities
- Manage major repairs or new
- Manage scheduling of all parish
facilities to maximize utilization and control unnecessary expenses
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers
and construction firms
- Coordinate liability and
maintenance needs for all parish facilities
- Prepare, administer, and
communicate security policy to staff and parish organizations.
Parish Ministry Responsibilities
- Understand the parish mission and
administer parish business operations accordingly.
- Participate in Archdiocesan
training as directed by Pastor.
- Understand Catholic social
teaching and apply it in parish policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality in all
areas of responsibilities as required.
Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting and
record keeping principles and practices.
- Knowledge of cash flow
- Knowledge and ability in
budgetary principles and Archdiocesan regulations/procedures.
- Ability to maintain accurate
collection and deposit records.
- Ability to communicate and
offer assistance to a wide variety of parish staff & organizations.
- Ability to represent the parish
well in dealings with outside business and organizations.
- Ability to supervise clerical
and administrative assistant positions. Working knowledge of computer
operations and parish office equipment.
- Knowledge of Archdiocesan
record keeping requirements.
- Ability to cooperatively work
with small groups of volunteers.
- Knowledge of personnel policies
and procedures including Archdiocesan requirements.
- Ability to supervise
maintenance staff; basic knowledge of parish physical plant equipment.
- Knowledge of work contracts and
- Skills in developing facilities
use schedule and the ability to communicate it to parish & staff.
- Knowledge of current security
technology and ability to communicate responsibilities to all.
- Ability to work with small
- Knowledge of parish mission
statement and ability to apply it to actual situations.
- Ability to project a
- Knowledge of Catholic social
teaching and ability to apply it to actual situations.
- Ability to maintain
Education, Training, and/or
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum five years’ experience
in financial or office management in a professional business setting
- Minimum three years’ experience
directly supervising staff
- Advanced proficiency in
Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly EXCEL
- Knowledge and understanding of
the Catholic Church and its mission
- Experience from ministry
efforts on parish committees and events preferred.
work may be required, particularly to attend meetings of the Pastoral Council,
Finance and other committees.