Our Story


  Me: I’m soon-to-be 26 years old and was raised in small town South Carolina. I attended the College of Charleston and have lived all over the place since graduation. I manage a small not-for-profit in an even smaller town in North Carolina. I’m eccentric and sarcastic, environmentally conscious (tree hugger, according to him) but otherwise your typical girl-next-door.

Him: He’s 27 (his late twenties, as I like to remind him) and was raised in the country a few miles from where I grew up. He’s pretty much stuck to the city surrounding where we grew up, and is a 3rd shift police officer. He’s incredibly laid-back, but detail oriented (odd, I know) and has a very morbid sense of humor. His one secret is that he’s actually quite sappy underneath the gruff exterior… 
How We Met: To start, we attended the same church as teenagers. We had absolutely nothing in common besides the fact that we orbited around in the same group of friends. When I was 15, my parents moved our membership to another church. We saw each other around town on occasion, but nothing really came of it. After several years, we met up online and we found out that we had a lot in common. Heck, he knew what Art Deco was and he didn’t glaze over when I started babbling about architecture. One thing led to another, and soon we were spending a lot of time together. I was out of work and kept weird hours, which jived well with his schedule. We would hang out in bars ‘til the wee hours of the morning, drinking imported beer and reading the local newspapers. It wasn’t long before I was fighting a major attraction to him, but still thinking why couldn’t I find someone just like him? It took my mom saying “why don’t you give him a try?” to get me moving. One night while we were out, I drank a couple of beers (ok, one and half) for Dutch courage, and blurted out “I’ve told all my friends that I have a crush on you.” He looked at me funny and then smirked. “I was wondering if what we were doing was classified as dating,” he replied. Three hours later after laying out our expectations, we were a couple. And hey, our first date was going to see Cowboy Mouth perform, so it doesn’t get much better than that.
We were officially engaged the first week of March. Due to the fact that we had been planning a wedding for months, it was already given that we were unofficially engaged. Tim finally popped the question one evening and I, of course accepted. He gave me my engagement ring on March 22nd and of course I was super excited since I had been waiting patiently (ok, not so patiently) for it for some time. The ring is an estate piece that he purchased from an antique dealer. It is probably from the 1930s or 1940s, platinum with a .50 carat round diamond in a square setting. There are about and .08 of diamonds to either side of the center diamond. I'm so in love with it!