Jerry R. Oldenettel
499 Farm-to-Market Road
Socorro, New Mexico 87801
Last update: 3/8/10.
- Seasonal Reports for American Birds/Audubon Field Notes/North American Birds
Maui, HI: Fall, 1990 through Fall, 1993
New Mexico: Fall, 1994 through Winter, 20010-11 and Big Year reports for 1995, 1998, and 2005.
- Seasonal reports compiled by species
- Notes on the occurrence of selected species and recent significant records for NM:
- Images of New Mexico and Arizona rarities and documentary photos of birds and other worldwide flora and fauna can be found on my Flickr photo site linked above and below.
- My Favorites has been greatly expanded and moved to a new site on Yahoo’s Flickr photo site (link above). There you will find photographs of all kinds, though primarily birds and butterflies. There is no automatic return to this site, so bookmark now.
- Field notes, triplist, and imagery from a January, 2009 trip to Sinaloa and Nayarit, Mexico.
- Field notes, Trip list, and imagery from a February, 2009 trip to Venezuela.
- Field notes, Trip list, and imagery from a March, 2009 trip to Costa Rica.
- Field notes, Trip list, and imagery from a February, 2010 trip to Belize and Guatemala.
- Field notes, triplist, and imagery from a February, 2011 trip to Costa Rica.
- Field notes, triplist, and imagery from an April, 2011 trip to Namibia and Botswana.
- Field notes, triplist, and imagery from a July, 2011 trip to Papua New Guinea.
- Field notes, triplist, and imagery from an August, 2011 trip to northeastern Australia.
- Field notes, triplist, and imagery from an March, 2012 trip to Ecuador.
- Field notes, triplist, and imagery from an November, 2012 trip to Cuba.
- NM Birding site guides and likely locations for some often sought/requested species. This listing will grow in time. The list is by no means exhaustive, see the new edition of the NM Bird Finding Guide, published by the New Mexico Ornithological Society for many others.
Yardlist from my house along the Rio Grande River at Luis Lopez, Socorro Co., NM. I have also posted my various life, state, and county list totals.
- Clanton Canyon (Some Mexican/SE Arizona like specialties)
- Apache Creek (Rocky Mountain birds; Boreal Owl)
- North Roosevelt Trap (aka Melrose Trap)
- White-tailed Ptarmigan
- Lesser Prairie Chicken
- Threetoed Woodpecker
- Rosy Finches
- Sawwhet Owl
- Flammulated Owl
- Spotted Owl
- Emory Pass, Sierra/Grant Counties in Southwest NM
- Sandia and Manzano Mts. east and south of Albuquerque. An excellent and detailed bird finding guide by Ken Schneider.
Link to the New Mexico Ornithological Society home page.Link to the Friends of the Bosque del Apache NWR web site.
Unless otherwise noted, all original material in this page and all linked pages copyright 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 by Jerry R. Oldenettel, All Rights Reserved