IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
P.O. Box 218
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
I did my undergraduate and M.S. at
Dept. of IE
I received my Ph.D. from
Dept. of IEOR
After Columbia, I spent a year at
as a postdoctoral fellow and two years at
School of ORIE
as a visiting scientist.
Before joining the Math Sciences Department at IBM, I was working
at AT&T Labs.
Research Interests: Mixed-integer programming, combinatorial optimization, multicommodity flows. Modeling, optimization and computation.
- Lattice closures of polyhedra,
with Dash and Moran, submitted.
- On the polyhedrality of closures of multi-branch split sets and other polyhedra with bounded max-facet-width,
with Dash and Moran, submitted.
- Solving Box-Constrained Nonconvex Quadratic Programs,
with Bonami and Linderoth , submitted.
- A new lift-and-project operator,
with Bodur and Dash, EJOR, 257(2), 420-428 (2017).
- Cutting planes derived from extended LP formulations,
with Bodur and Dash, to appear in Math. Programming.
- On the polyhedrality of cross and quadrilateral closures,
with Dash and Moran, Math. Programming, 160(1), 245-270 (2016)
- Discretization vertex orders in distance geometry,
with Cassioli, Lavor and Liberti, Discrete Applied Mathematics, 197-C, 27--41 (2015).
- Strengthened Benders Cuts for Stochastic Integer Programs with Continuous Recourse,
with Bodur, Dash and Luedtke, to appear in Informs J. on Computing.
- The continuous knapsack set,
with Dash and Wolsey, Math. Programming, 155, 471--496 (2016).
- On the Relative Strength of Different Generalizations of Split Cuts,
with Dash and Molinaro, Discrete Optimization, 16, 36--50 (2015).
- On t-branch split cuts for mixed-integer programs,
with Dash, Math. Programming, 141, 591–599, (2013).
- Lattice-free sets, branching disjunctions, and mixed-integer programming,
with Dash, Dobbs, Nowicki,and Swirszcz, Math. Programming, 145, 483--508 (2014).
- Computational Experiments with Cross and Crooked Cross Cuts,
with Dash and Vielma, Informs J. on Computing, 26, 780--797 (2014).
- A note on the MIR closure and basic relaxations of polyhedra,
with Dash and Raack, OR Letters,
39, 198--199 (2011)
- On mixed-integer sets with two integer variables,
with Dash and Dey, OR Letters, 39, 305--309 (2011)
- Two dimensional lattice-free cuts and asymmetric disjunctions for
with Dash and Dey, Math. Programming, 135, 221-254 (2012).
- A Time Bucket Formulation for the TSP with Time Windows,
with Dash, Lodi and Tramontani, Informs J. on Computing, 24, 132-147 (2012).
- Perspective Reformulation and Applications,
with Linderoth, in MINLP, IMA Volumes in Math. and Its Applications, vol 154, Springer (2012).
- Strengthening lattice-free cuts using non-negativity,
with Fukasawa, Discrete Optimization 8, 229--245 (2011)
The master equality polyhedron with multiple rows,
with Dash and Fukasawa, in Math. Programming, 132, 125--151 (2012)
On mixing inequalities: rank, closure and cutting plane proofs,
with Dash, SIAM J. on Optimization 20, 1090--1109 (2009)
Perspective Relaxation of Mixed Integer Nonlinear Programs with Indicator Variables, with Linderoth, Math. Programming, 124, 183--205 (2010).
Mingling: Mixed-Integer Rounding with Bounds ,
with Atamturk, Math. Programming 123, 315--338 (2010).
MINLP Strengthening for Separable Convex Quadratic Transportation-Cost UFL,
with Lee and Weismantel, IBM technical report RC24213 (2007).
MIR Closures of Polyhedral Sets,
with Dash and Lodi, Math. Programming 121, 33-60 (2010).
On a Generalization of the Master Cyclic Group Polyhedron,
with Dash and Fukasawa, Math. Programming, 125, 1--30 (2010).
On the strength of Gomory mixed-integer cuts as group cuts, with Dash,
Math. Programming, 115, 387--407 (2008).
Two step MIR inequalities for mixed-integer programs,
with Dash and Goycoolea, Informs J. on Computing, 22, 236--249 (2010).
A pricing problem under Monge property,
Discrete Optimization, 5, 328--336, 2008.
Network Design Arc Set with Variable Upper Bounds,
with Atamturk, Networks 50, 17--28, (2007).
Vehicle Routing and Staffing for Sedan Service,
with Kimbrel, Ladanyi, Schieber and Sorkin,
Transportation Science, 40, 313--326 (2006).
Valid Inequalities Based on the Interpolation Procedure,
with Dash, Math. Programming, 106, 111--136 (2006).
A Polytope for a Product of Real Linear Functions in 0/1 Variables,
with Coppersmith, Lee and Leung, IBM technical report, (2003), later appeared in MINLP, IMA Volumes in Math. and Its Applications, vol 154, Springer (2012).
Valid Inequalities Based on Simple Mixed-integer Sets,
with Dash, Math. Programming, 105, 29--53 (2006).
A Branch-and-Price Algorithm and New Test Problems for Spectrum Auctions,
with Ladanyi and de Vries, Management Science, 51, 391---406 (2005).
Reformulating LPs with Transport. Const. -- App. to Workforce Scheduling,
with Cezik, Naval Research Logistics, 51, 258--274 (2004).
Robust Capacity Planning in Semiconductor Manufacturing,
with Barahona, Bermon and Hood, Naval Research Logistics, 51, 258--274 (2004).
A New Min-Cut Max-Flow Ratio for Multicommodity Flows,
SIAM J. of Disc. Math., 21, pp. 1--15 (2007).
Mixing Mixed-Integer Inequalities,
with Pochet, Math. Programming, 90, 429-457 (2001).
An Integer Programming Model for the Weekly Tour Scheduling Problem,
with Cezik and Luss, Naval Research Logistics, 48, 607--624 (2001).
- A Branch-and-Cut Algorithm for Capacitated Network Design Problems,
Math. Programming, 86, 17-39 (1999).
- The Multicast Packing Problem,
with Chen and Yener, IEEE Transactions on Networking, 8, 311-318 (2000).
- Designing Private Line Networks - Polyhedral Analysis and Computation,
with Brockmuller and Wolsey, CORE - DP 96-47.
( a shorter version appeared in Transactions on Operational Research, 16, 7-24 (2004))
- Minimum Cost Capacity Installation for Multicommodity Network Flows,
with Bienstock, Chopra and Tsai, Math. Programming, 81, 177-199 (1998).
- Capacitated Network Design - Polyhedral Structure and Computation,
with Bienstock, Informs J. on Computing, 8, 243-259, (1996).
Computational Experience with a Difficult Multicommodity Flow Problem,
with Bienstock, Math. Programming, 68, 213-238 (1995).
A Degree Sequence Problem Related to Network Design,
with Bienstock, Networks, 24, 195-205 (1994).
- Maintenance of a Device with Age-Dependent Exponential Failures,
with Ozekici, Naval Research Logistics, 39, 699-714 (1992).
- Robust-to-dynamics linear programming, with Ahmadi, CDC 2015.
Robust confidentiality preserving data delivery in federated coalition networks, with Su, Gao, Ye, Liu, Berman, Calo, Abdelzaher, Networking 2014.
On Some Generalizations of the Split Closure, with Dash and Moran, IPCO 2013.
A Model for Fusion and Code Motion in an Integrated Auto-Parallelizing Compiler, with Bondhugula, Dash, and Renganarayana, PACT 2010.
Perspective Relaxation of Mixed Integer Nonlinear Programs with Indicator Variables, with Linderoth, IPCO 2008.
On a Generalization of the Master Cyclic Group Polyhedron, with Dash and Fukasawa, IPCO 2007.
On the MIR Closure of Polyhedra, with Dash and Lodi, IPCO 2007.
Valid Inequalities Based on Simple Mixed-Integer Sets, with Dash, IPCO 2004.
A New Min-Cut Max-Flow Ratio for Multicommodity Flows, IPCO 2002.
Optimal Packing of Group Multicasting, Chen and Yener, Infocom 1998.
- IPCO XV Proceedings, with Gerhard Woeginger, LNCS 6655, Springer 2011, ISBN 978-3-642-20806-5.