· 2 oz of pancetta, diced
· 1 box of frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted (about 2 cups)
· 4 cloves of smashed garlic
· 2 cloves minced garlic
· 2/3 cup gourmet olives (from the olive bar, the spicy marinated Greek work well)
· 6 medium-large tomatoes, diced
· 10 oz jar roasted red peppers, diced into 1/8 inch pieces
· ½ cup fresh basil
· ½ cup fresh parsley
· ¼ cup fresh oregano
· Zest and juice of one lemon
· Salt, white, and black pepper to taste
Render pancetta over high heat in a cast iron skillet. Add the artichokes to brown and then reduce the heat adding garlic. Cook until the garlic is soft and tender.
Either by hand or in the food processor, mince another two cloves of garlic and dice the tomatoes.
Combine with all parts
Add fresh chopped basil, oregano and parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, white pepper, black pepper and salt if needed.
Let the flavors come together in the refrigerator for a couple hours before serving.
Recipe by Meagan McKeever