- 6.5 oz dates
- 2 oz figs, dried
- 1/2 tbsp prepared espresso
- 1/4 cup quality cocoa powder
- 3 oz cashews
- pinch salt
- 2/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Toppers such as non-perils, course sugar, additional cashews etc.
Process the dates, figs and espresso until a very smooth paste is formed. Add the cocoa powder and salt, process in. Add the cashews and pulse in until they’re the desired size.
With water-moistened hands, roll 20- 22 small truffles.
In a ceramic bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave it for 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between until just melted.
Dip each into the chocolate:
- drop into bowl with spoon
- roll in chocolate, then transfer to fork
- tap the fork on edge of the bowl, forcing the excess chocolate to drip off
- transfer to waxed paper or small candy cups
- If the chocolate gets too thick, remove all utensils and heat for 15-20 more seconds.
Top each truffle with optional toppings and let cool and harden before enjoying!