International Cartographic Association
Working Group on Open Data Access and Intellectual Property Rights (ODAIPR)
8 August 2007
- To disseminate information on their subject matter to the ICA member nations.
- To continue the implementation of the ICA Third World Policy by providing experts for workshops in developing countries when required.
- To coordinate their activities with other ICA Commissions, whenever possible.
- To coordinate activities with Commissions of other international organizations if this is in the interest of the aims and objectives of ICA.
- To appoint a co-chairperson who will be able to take over in case of illness, etc. of the chairperson.
- Encourage representatives of all groups to participate in the Working Group on Open Data Access and Intellectual property Rights (ODA and IPR).
- Serve as a resource in preparing papers about current legislation in different countries for open data access and intellectual property rights, with particular reference to their application to cartography.
- Develop an agreement on the definition and characteristics of open data access and intellectual property rights in cartography, paying particular attention t digital cartographic material and dissemination over the Internet.
- Identify and present issues with respect to the objects and subjects of IPR and the free use and archives of cartography
- Develop or foster and agreement on the development of open data access and IPR in the field of cartography
- Prepare guidelines about best practices, policies and business models for ODA and IPR.
- Foster harmonization of ODA and IPR among subjects or within objects such as digital cartographic works
Chair: Lucia Lovison-Golob
Co-Chair Raisa Iakovleva