University of Iowa
Part of the Aging Mind and Brain Initiative
The University of Iowa
14 MacLean Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242-1419
Tel: 319-335-0561 Fax: 319-335-3624
- 02/25/16: [Presentation] Power Management for Mobile Sensing Applications, invited talk, PRECISE seminar, University of Pennsylvania
- 12/12/15: [Award] Our paper Managing the Energy-Delay Tradeoff in Mobile Applications with Tempus won the best paper award at Middleware 2015
- 12/12/15: [Publication] Mobility-Aware Real-Time Scheduling for Low-Power Wireless Networks was accepted at INFOCOM 2016.
- 08/22/15: [Publication] In-situ Measurement and Prediction of Hearing Aid Outcomes Using Mobile Phones was accepted to SCH 2015
- 08/03/15: [Publication] Managing the Energy-Delay Tradeoff in Mobile Applications with Tempus was accepted to Middleware2015
- 11/20/15: [Publication] Real-Time Communication in Low-Power Mobile Wireless Networks was accepted to to CCNC 2016
- 11/20/15: [Publication] Predicting 3-month and 12-month Post-Fitting Real-World Hearing Aid Outcome using Pre-fitting Acceptable Noise Level
- 11/06/15: [Publication] Static Memory Management for Efficient Mobile Sensing Applications was accepted at EMSOFT 2015
- 02/02/15: [Presentation] I gave an invited talk at Mobile Health Summit 2015. The slides for the talk and the panel I participated on are on my blog.
- 12/10/14: [Award] My student -- Shabih Hassan -- receives the SIF award the second year.
- 12/10/14: [Grant] AMBI pilot grant Enabling cognitive load-dependent realt-ime assessment of hearing aid outcomes
- 10/01/14: [Grant] Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center (RERC) on Hearing Enhancement was funded.
- 09/26/14: A paper (Mapping motion to timbre: orientation, FM synthesis and spectral filtering) based on a project in the Sensing the World course was accepted at ICMC-SMC-2014
- 08/04/14: [Publicity] UI researchers discuss smartphone app for seniors with hearing aids.
- 04/09/14: [Service] Accepted to serve as poster chair for SenSys 2014 and on the TPC of RTSS 2014
- 03/12/14: [Publication] Using GPS location data of smartphones to predict listening demand was presented at Annual Conference of American Auditory Society, Scottsdale, AZ. (2014)
- 03/02/14: [Publication] Evaluating Auditory Contexts and Their Impacts on Hearing Aid Outcomes with Mobile Phones [PervasiveHealth 2014]
- 01/31/14: [News] CS Department was ranked #63 by US News
- 01/15/14: [Publication] APE: An Annotation Language and Middleware for Energy-Efficient Mobile Application Development [ICSE 2014]
- 01/12/14: [Publication] CSense: A Stream-Processing Toolkit for Robust and High-Rate Mobile Sensing Applications [IPSN 2014]
- 10/23/13: [Grant] Contents and Contexts of Cyberbullying: An Epidemiologic Study using Electronic Detection and Social Network Analysis [US Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice]
- 07/23/13: [Grant] Mobile Devices, Sensors and Big Data:Transforming Research and Practice [Carver Foundation]
- 06/22/13: [Award] AudioSense: Enabling Real-time Evaluation of Hearing Aid Technology In-Situ was awarded "Best Student Paper" at CBMS 2013
- 06/01/13: [Award] My student -- Shabih Hassan -- receives the SIF award for his qualifier exam
- 04/08/13: [Service] Accepted to serve on TCP of RTSS 2013
- 04/08/13: [Publication] AudioSense: Enabling Real-time Evaluation of Hearing Aid Technology In-Situ [CBMS 2013]
- 04/08/13: [Grant] Sensors and Seizures: Application of advanced sensor technology for the evaluation and management of epilepsy
- 02/15/13: [Poster] A Mobile Phone Application for Pertussis Classification Based on Machine Learning
- 01/15/13: [Grant] Our Transforming Mobile Health Systems into Reliable and Robust Medical Measurement Instruments was awarded. There are two news items related to the grant. [AMBI news][UI news]
- 10/01/12: [Presentation] Presentation on mHealth apps at College of Nursing
- 07/04/12: [Publication] Our paper on emergency response protocols was accepted at PINGEN 2012
- 06/18/12: [Publication] Real-time Query Scheduling [IEEE Transactions on Computers]
- 06/01/12: [Service] Accepted to serve on TCP of mHealthsSys
- 04/12/12: [Presentation] The video recording and slides from my AMBI talk are now available
- 03/25/12: [Presentation] The AMBI symposium success was a great success. You can find my talk and my group's EgoSense poster.
- 03/20/12: [Service] Accepted to serve on TCP of RTSS 2012
- 03/09/12: [Service] Accepted to serve on TCP of MASS 2012
- 03/05/12: [Publication] WIISARD: A Measurement Study of Network Properties and Protocol Reliability during an Emergency Response [MobiSys 2012]
- 02/19/12: [Event] Aging Mind and Brain Initiative Inaugural Symposium
- 09/16/11: [Service] Accepted to serve as publicity chair of ICCPS
- 08/16/11: [Grant] Protocols and Analysis for Predictable Wireless Sensor Networks [NSF NeTS]
- 08/16/11: [Event] My PhD work on wireless clinical monitoring was featured in this news story
- 08/15/11: [Event] Pictures from WIISARD Drill Calit2 Atkinson Hall are up on flicker