The Mission of the PTA is three-fold:
- to support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- to assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect thier children; and
- to encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
PTA is pleased to announce that Sharp Electronics, a subsidiary of Sharp Corporation, has become a National Member Benefits Provider of PTA.
As a Member Benefits Provider, Sharp is offering PTA members exclusive discounts ranging between 15%–50% on its electronics and business products via a password- protected website. Also, Sharp is offering FREE shipping on select items including their AQUOS® high definition LCD televisions.
The Sharp discount website for PTA is now live and can be accessed by logging onto www.pta.org/benefits. We hope this exclusive opportunity will help create more value for PTA members.
Numerous benefits are available to dues-paying units and members including special services and discounts exclusively for PTA members. Visit www.pta.org for a list of benefits and the 2008-2009 Member Benefit Providers.
Excerpt from PTA Parent Biweekly Newsletter,
Tuesday, April 22, 2008