Project at a Glance:The project is based on a competition designed by Mars Society, USA.
It aims to find the best means to accomplish a Mars flyby mission and to encourage young generation of scientists and engineers to engage in outer space exploration events.
- 10 teams will be selected as finalists.
- All the ideas will be published.
- The best idea will be awarded a prize money of $10,000.
- The competition will be held at NASA Ames Research Center, CA.
- The deadline of this project is March 15, 2014.
- It is a multi-disciplinary project and so the team includes STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics).
Objectives To come up with a mission architecture for a Mars flyby mission around the year 2018 with least cost, high safety and least complexity.
- To look into alternatives.
- To evaluate those alternatives.
- To iterate this process until the best alternative is found.
- To arrive at a baseline architecture.