Occupy Fredonia supports the Declaration of the Occupation of New York City and stands in solidarity with Occupy Buffalo, Occupy Erie, Occupy Rochester, Occupy Jamestown, Occupy Syracuse, Occupy Ithaca, Occupy Wall Street and the planet-wide movements of Occupy Together and United for Global Change.

EVENTS


General Assembly (GA)
Next General Assembly (GA)
at 7pm on Monday Sept. 17, 2012 in Barker Commons Gazebo to:
1. Observe the anniversary of global pro-democracy movements, including Occupy Wall Street.
2. Serve as an open and transparent public forum for all GA attendees' concerns.
Note: GA will follow the previously agreed rules for civil public discourse.


Occupy Fredonia Holiday Outreach
Saturday, 3:30pm until 5:30pm at Fredonia Commons Corners of Main and Temple and Church and Temple.
As discussed at the last GA, this event will be an outreach effort. We will gather on the Corners of Main and Temple and Church and Temple with signs. Some of the signs will wish passersby happy and safe holidays, and others will seek to raise awareness about the Occupy Movement. We could also think about passing out flyers with a list of financial facts that might interest the public. See this event on Facebook.


Fredonia Village Board meeting, Mon. Oct. 24, 2011 / Occupy Fredonia proposal ‎starts at 12min, 30sec

We are the 99%
Occupy Fredonia is a diverse, consensus-driven group of local residents, SUNY Fredonia students and faculty, who are participating in a world-wide response to the 1% who now control over 50% of our nation's wealth and resources.

One result of that vast accumulation of wealth and income disparity is that those same 1% also now wield disproportionate political power over the other 99% of their fellow humans. We, 'the other 99%', see that we are no longer able to choose* the kind of world that we want to live in.

We are the ‘other 99%’ and we will not be intimidated and silent anymore with our civil resistance and non-violent protest. We, the 99%, represent people of all colors, genders, and political persuasions.

Occupy Fredonia supports the Declaration of the Occupation of New York City stands in solidarity with Occupy Buffalo, Occupy Erie, Occupy Rochester, Occupy Wall Street and the global movements of Occupy Together and United for Global Change.

(* See Citizens United v. FEC, 2010, as just one specific example of mass political disenfranchisement of roughly 99% of U.S. citizens.)

TED Video by Richard Wilkinson: "How economic inequality harms societies"


ABOUT GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETINGS
Occupy Fredonia's General Assembly (GA) is used for group discussion and proposals (from anyone!) about Occupy Fredonia goals, civil resistance, and for non-violent protest. Occupy Fredonia uses a process of democratic consensus for its decision-making and EVERYONE’S voice is welcome at the General Assembly.


Occupy Fredonia Proposals

Page or URLDescriptionStatusNext StepResolution
Proposal to Occupy Barker Commons Occupation of Barker Commons from Sat. Nov 5 - Sun. Nov 20, 2011 Submitted proposal to Village Board of Trustees on Monday, Oct 17, 2011 / Fredonia Village Board of Trustees Meeting, Mon. Oct. 24, 2011, with Occupy Fredonia Proposal video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVR9oaJ0KnI&feature=player_detailpage#t=747s Next General Assembly at 1pm on Nov 6. // At Village Board meeting, Mon. Oct 24 at 7:30, the Mayor, Police Chief, and Trustees did not raise an objection to a 24/7 physical presence from Nov 5 - Nov 20, however there is no camping allowed on Barker Commons. Occupation of Barker Commons is now underway, 24/7 from Nov 5-Nov 20. News coverage: http://observertoday.com/page/content.detail/id/565267/-Occupy-Fredonia--under-way.html?nav=5047  
Showing 1 items from page Proposals sorted by edit time. View more »