postindependence                                                                                                             Link to Homepage

MINDORO

After Independence Period


pls email articles and pictures to dwcsjom@gmail.com

 

On November 15, 1950, Mindoro was divided into two provinces: Oriental  Mindoro and OCCIDENTAL MINDORO.

San Jose was made the provincial capital of  the latter until January 1, 1961, when the seat of government was transferred   to Mamburao.

From the original number of eight towns, Occidental Mindoro is  now composed of eleven municipalities.