istorya ng mga lugar Link to Homepage
Mga Istorya ng ibat-ibang Lugar sa Occidental Mindoro
pls email your short stories, tales and pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org ; we will use this site to accumulate all materials and then later decide on how to we want to proceed... just send all the materials......a paragraph or short story, etc... SPONSOR SITES: sponsor #1 sponsor #2 sponsor #3
Istorya ng Mga Lugar sa:
Saan galing ang mga pangalan ng mga barangay at lugar:
--- In email@example.com, 01/07/08 "rudycandelario" <rudycandelario@...> wrote:
Ang Utuyan ay ang dating pangalan ng Brgy. Lourdes, Magsaysay. Ayon sa matatanda, ang unang nanirahan sa lugar na iyon ay ang mag-asawang katutubo na sina Utoy at Iyan. Pinagdugtong ang kanilang pangalan.
Ang Camburay naman ay dating pangalan ng Brgy, San Isidro, San Jose. Galing ito sa pangalan ng katutubong unang nagkaingin sa lugar. Sa mga katutubo, halimbawa, ang may kaingin ay si Toroy, papangalanan nila ang lugar na Kang Toroy. Buray ang pangalan ng unang nagkaingin sa Brgy. San Isidro. Kang Buray ang orihinal na tawag, kaya lang paglipas ng maraming taon naging Camburay.
Ang Bato-ili ay galing sa hugis ng malaking bato sa lugar na iyon - korteng malaking letrang L.
Tungkol naman sa pangalang Inasakan, galing 'yon sa salitang Bisaya
MEMORIES ng San Jose ni Ramon Ramirez 12/03/07:
1. Electric Power provided by NABLE ELECTRIC ( owned by Nable Family) , no OMECO yet that time.
2. The electric are from 6:00 pm to 10:00 PM only. ( very weak light)
3. Pag nag brown-out people will say " namatay na naman si Nable "
4. Water supply- each houses has their own water pump ( gasoline engine, manual pump " poso")
5. No sewer line along the street. Houses have their own septic tank.
6. Ice are being delivered to each house every morning by Ice Plant located near Labangan if you buy it.
7. Bridge at Dunckel Street damaged, all vehicle use the wooden bridge at the road at the back of San Jose Pilot School going to airport and cemetary.
8. The airplane for Manila before are VILLAGE AIRWAYS using DC-3 aircraft. Which a lot of crashes occured killing prominent SAN JOSE personalities. (Villena, etc, etc)
9. There is a continous water flowing (artesian well) at the Plaza near the entrance. It was covered by concrete later on around 1970's. It is known during my time that if you light it with match it will ignite since there is a presence of gas with the water flowing.
10. There are fishes at the plaza small water pool .
11. Also, there is a water flowing at the mouth of the 4 carabaos at the middle of the plaza.
12. Bulalo meat at the market cost 2 pesos per kilo. Tooth extraction cost 8 pesos for old timer dentist. ( only 3 dentist - Dr. Cristobal Ramirez, Dr. Naungayan -student of Dr. Ramirez, & Dr. Sadol).
13. Only two ice cream vendors ( TROPICANA and DELGADO) around town.
14. There are crazy people walking around town that time ( named - Narsing buang, Maria puting kilay, etc.)
15. There used to be also vendors selling goods around town by walking " LAKO" ( Bitso or donut ,live chicken, crabs, kakanin,etc.)
16. Also, there are people from Batangas who sells mosquito nets, slippers , blankets etc. around town. Also, shoe shine boys walk around town for those who wants their shoes to be shined.
18. During Christmas time, the Church is playing Cristmas music early morning for the Misa de Gallo with the speakers on top of the church tower near plaza.
19. Caroling on every houses is a tradition.
20. There are 4 movie houses ( LEVI RAMA- padiernos, GEM-camandang,, GOLDEN GATE- castillo, EL MUNDO- don paco esteban)
21. Evereybody walk to the school.
mga kanta o tula........
mga salawikain at kasabihan....