The Carleton-Ottawa Math Association (COMA) is the Ottawa-based chapter of the Ontario Association of Mathematics Educators (OAME), the professional organization for everyone interested in Mathematics Education in Ontario.
Check here frequently to keep up to date on the latest COMA news and events!
The following positions within COMA are open for the 2017-18 year. Voting will take place at the AGM May 29 (4:15 - Adult High School) Email Mike Lieff (past president: michael at lieff dot net) if you are interested in running for a position.
OAME rep - 2 years left of term
COMA Council positions: No experience necessary
OAME Directors (must be an OAME member)
COMO/JMO Rep (must be an OAME member)
RCDSB Rep (Renfrew)
Post-secondary (Algonquin College, U of Ottawa, Carleton U)
1) Activate your account (if you have not already done so) by following the directions under Members Only.
- Voting is now open and COMA is representing! I am running for two different positions, VP and Director. Our very own Jill Lazarus is OAME's president elect and I would like to be a VP at her side next year. So please vote!!
- All current OAME members are eligible to vote for positions on the executive and board of directors from now until late April. Voting is now open in the Members Only section.
2) Log on using your membership number and password you created at the time of activation.
You will find "OAME Elections" in the links on the left side. Just follow the directions. Bios for all candidates are included.
Here is the link: http://www.oame.on.ca/main/index1.php?lang=en&code=eVote
Hope everyone has a restful March Break!!
Your OAME Chapter Rep
We were fortunate in being able to recruit teachers, professors, and speakers in sharing their expertise with us on April 1st, 2017. However, there was insufficient number of registrants that responded to Jill by this time. Out of respect of your time, we have decided to cancel the mini-conference this year.
Please look forward to other events that we are organizing in the future. For example, did you know that we have an annual social with exciting keynotes every September? Past presenters have included Marian Small, Chris Suurtamm, Kyle Pearce and more! Don't forget that OAME's Annual conference will be coming to Ottawa in 2019 as well!.
Thank you for your continued support for our math community. Our apologies for any inconveniences if you have already made arrangements to attend the event.
Best regards, COMA Council
- Our 2017 COMA Fall Social at the Centurion Centre will take place Thursday Sept 28th from 4:15-7pm. Stay tuned for more details!!!