Welcome to the online home of the Oak Park Curling Club!
The Oak Park Curling Club began its existence in mid-1950 at a public ice facility, Ridgeland Commons, where hockey and ice-skating are stilt active sports. Some members of that group started an open-air curling house on the grounds of the nearby country club. That country club member eventually built a two-sheet house on the country club grounds.
Curlers from both locations merged and curled at the Oak Park Country Club. The curlers sold the building to the club for a token amount. This small club did very well, having men's and women's teams, adults and juniors, who went to the National Championships several times, even on to International competition. In 1990 the country club closed the curling house; the remaining membership rents ice at Exmoor Curling Club.