Young Team Meeting: 11/9/2011
The meeting focused heavily on refining items discussed at the prior meeting: tryout, Winter clinics...
Of interest to us:
1. We need volunteers to help with running tryouts.
2. West Valley will be adding quite a few new teams during the Spring, so momentum is good for WV.
3. Starting in the Spring, WV will have new uniform (Adidas) - unless someone outgrows their current uniform, we will keep ours for one more season (usually, uniforms are set to last for 2 to 3 years).
4. WV needs volunteers on the board and with helping in a variety of other functions: this is a great way to get involved.Young Team Meeting: 10/12/2011
- Try-outs are approaching: Dec. 3 and Dec. 10 2011
- The try-outs will be based on iSoccer elements + scrimmages: we will
need about 5 volunteers per team to help out (when details are finalized we will ask for names - 1628 forms will need to be completed). Also, we
may enforce players to participate in the try-out (league is currently
highly recommending it).
- During the off-season, coaches will most
likely be going through PCA (Positive Coaching Alliance), and First
Aid/CPR training. All of this is to make sure your kids are offered an
appropriate and safe environment to practice soccer.
We are also looking at upgrading our coach licenses.
League evaluation of the teams:
- The league is planning on offering player development skill sessions
(similar to the current goalkeeping clinic SebA and Zaki are attending).
It will not be free, but cost should be low.
Right after those sessions, coaches will be doing pick-up games and
get the kids to watch their coaches play. Interested parents may be able
- We may have access to lighted field for Winter practice,
probably at a reduced cost: we will decide when we could go and
Independently of the league efforts (listed above), we will consider
indoor soccer league for the Winter: our plans for the Winter will be
discussed soon with everyone.
- As mentioned before, the league will evaluate all players based on
iSoccer drills. Remember that this is a comp environment and that the
league needs to make sure not only the coaches do their jobs well
enough, but the players are at comp level.