WEEKLY STATUS REPORT
Project Title: Cluster Computers & Distributed Computing
Total number of person-hours spent on project by group during past week: 34
Total number of person-hours spent on project by group leader: 10
Total number of person-hours spent on project by team member 1: 8
Total number of person-hours spent on project by team member 2: 8
Total number of person-hours spent on project by team member 3: 8
Is project on schedule：Yes[ X ]No[ ]
Include discussion of what you accomplished this week, who you contacted, what decisions were made, what obstacles were identified, how they are being addressed. (Use multiple pages if necessar
1) Previous report’s summary:
· We found another software which can download tweets from twitter by using User IDs
2) Group’s accomplishments:
· Simulated our program in a two level Internet with two subnets.
· We used Java to write a program to search information from sina microblog by typing a key word.
3) Group’s current week’s accomplishments: (Provide detailed description of your work) Structure your description using subheadings
We successfully runned our program in a singal Internet. So how about in a complicated network environment? This week we built a two level Internet with two subnets. And set up a master in one subnet, a slave in another subnet. It does work. Then we used Wordcount to test a 1GB text file in this system, it used 20mins.
We plan to search chinese information by typing a keyword from sina microblog. So software we installed before cannot work. Our team leader wrote a new program by Java to achieve this goal this week.
4) Problems faced:
l We achieved all the goals this week.
5) Next week’s goals:
· Wordcount overwrite.