Home‎ > ‎


 2017  Museum Calendar of Events

Saturday October 21st - Autumn Gathering
Open 12-4pm. Tour the homestead guided by docents in period clothing. Fireplaces were in use with hearth cooking, wool spinning and butter making fun for the children to see. The Grange Hall featured our genealogist who answered many of the questions and there was an Artisan Craft Fair as well. Free Admission

Saturday, September 16th - Nye Family Reunion
The reunion will take place at the Grange Hall on Saturday September 16, 2017 , starting with a coffee social at 9:00 AM and our Annual Business meeting at 10:00,at the conclusion of the meeting we will assemble for a group photo. 

A luncheon will take place at the Pilot House restaurant at Sandwich Marina at 1PM. Entrees include a choice of garden salad or clam chowder, traditional lobster boil, chicken piccata, london broil or pasta primavera. Dessert will be cheesecake with fresh berries, freshly brewed coffee, or tea.

The Evening program to be held at the Grange Hall at 7PM will feature Executive Director, John Cullity will present a slide show and talk, on the history the Benjamin Nye Mill site and the Grange Mill restoration.

Saturday, June 24th -  Open House
Open 12-4pm, with free admission and docents in period clothing. Enjoy a guided tour of this early farmhouse, with restored rooms, interesting antiques, local history exhibits.  The setting is beautiful, with mill pond and stream, marsh views, the 1889 Grange Hall (genealogist, gift items on sale and refreshments will be served. View the 1858 mill under restoration.


   Historic Talks at The Grange Hall     

This is the name of the series of monthly programs being presented by the Nye Family Association, and hosted by Association Executive Director and historian John Nye Cullity. 

Sunday February 19th  - 2pm.   The History of the Benjamin Nye Millsite.
            On Sunday, February 19th at 2PM, the Nye Family Association will host a History Talk at the Grange Hall, at 91 Old County Rd., East Sandwich.  Executive Director John Nye Cullity will present “A History of the Benjamin Nye Millsite”, which begins in 1665 when the Town of Sandwich had a dispute with its first miller Thomas Dexter. Town meeting voted to offer a land grant to anyone who would build a second mill, and Benjamin Nye responded. The grist mill he built became the nucleus of a tiny industrial/agricultural village, which by 1830 had attracted a number of small businesses.

            Mr. Cullity will speak on the several mill buildings which existed at the site from 1669 to 1914, powered by the spring-fed waters of Nye Pond. He will also describe the Nye Family Association’s current restoration of the Grange Mill, which was moved from Centerville in 1889.

            There is no admission fee, but donations towards restoration of the Grange mill will be gratefully accepted. 


Sunday March 19th - 2pm   "The Structural Evolution of a Colonial House"

             The Nye Family Association will present another in its series of History Talks at the Grange Hall on Sunday, March 19th at 2pm. Our speaker will be David Wheelock of Sandwich with an illustrated talk entitled “The Structural Evolution of a Colonial House”. Dave is well known as the caretaker of the Wing Fort House at Spring Hill, which figures centrally in his theme, but he is also an experienced archaeologist, historian, and restoration carpenter. He will draw on all of these disciplines as he explains his topic.

            There is no admission fee, though donations will be gratefully accepted.