|Northwest Tibetan Cultural Association (NWTCA) is a registered
non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization, established in 1993 to create a
spiritual and cultural home for the Tibetans living in Oregon and
Southwest Washington. Our main objective is to preserve and promote the
rich ancient culture and tradition of Tibet. NWTCA organizes various
programs and events for Tibetans, while interacting with the greater
Northwest community to promote awareness about the Tibetan culture and
reinforce His Holiness the Dalai Lama's message of global peace and
The Solemn Commitments made by the Tibetans residing in North
America to H.H. the Dalai Lama during Tenshug 2008 at Madison, Wisconsin:
- Support the endeavors of the Central Tibetan Administration to resolve the issue of Tibet through the mutually
benefiting Middle Way Approach.
- Strive to enable the Tibetan youngsters in North America to acquire working knowledge of the Tibetan language.
- Ensure the participation of 50% of the
eligible voters in the future elections of the Kalon Tripa and the
members of the Tibetan Parliament-In-Exile.
- Improve the Green Book contributions by striving to increase at least 5 to 10 percent Green Book contributors annually.
- Contribute individually or in group to enhance the education, economic, and social development inside Tibet.