posted Mar 19, 2017, 9:03 PM by NWTCA ORWA
updated Mar 20, 2017, 11:49 AM
Reading is one of the most useful ways of learning a language and we believe it is also a key tool that can be used to preserve and sustain the Tibetan culture. With this thought in mind, the Office of Tibet and The Tibet Fund presents a Tibetan Story Reading Competition to provide children ages 8 to 16 the opportunity to showcase their Tibetan reading skills by reading a short Tibetan story in a 2 minute video that has to be posted on YouTube.
Competition information and eligibility:
- To enter the competition, students must be ages 8 to 16 and resided in North America before 2011.
- There is two age categories: Ages 8 to 12 and Ages 13 to 16
- Participants must first complete the online application form on this link by March 31, 2017: https://goo.gl/forms/PwmK6yWVmF7LPLTA3
- After completion of the application, we will email one digital story book containing several stories to each participant. Applicants are required to practice reading from this story book.
- Towards the end of May 2017, we will select a short Tibetan Story from the story book and ask students to video record while reading the story, not longer than 2 minutes.
- In the video, the applicants must introduce themselves and state where they are from at the beginning of the video. Example of introduction: “My name is Tenzin and I live in Toronto, Canada”
- Video and audio has to be high quality so judges can clearly see and listen to the applicant
- Upload your YouTube video link at least one week before the dead line here https://goo.gl/forms/uKy6ZTJrm0Vo72fO2. Last day for the video submission is: June 10, 2017.
- A Panel of the following three judges will review the video and fill in the evaluation forms to select the finalists:
- A representative from the Office of Tibet
- A representative from the Tibet Fund
- Mr. Tenzin Norbu Nangsal, writer and experienced teacher
- $100 will be given to the Top 10 readers. 5 readers will be chosen from each age category mentioned above
- An e-Certificate will be issued to children for participation
- Final award will be announced by first week of July, 2017
- The recommender organization will win an award of $1,000 if more than one student recommended by it are selected in the final 10 best readers. For individuals who recommend more than one winning student will receive an award of $100.